Community Forum

TV Shows "On-Demand" are no longer free?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: TV Shows "On-Demand" are no longer free?

jchausmann wrote:

I usually catch up on "Designated Survivor" by using the On-Demand feature, because I get up at 4:30am for work, and the show is on too late at night for me.  Today (Sunday) I tried to watch last Wednesday's episode, and On-Demand wants me to pay.  When did On-Demand start charging??????  This is so wrong on so many fronts! Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

New Poster

The paid on demand coincided with the partnership with Netflix. Comcast has chosen to provide Netflix content over Xfinity content Those of us who are not Netflix subscribers must now wade through Netflix content to find any Xfinity provided content while there is a propriatary Netflix guide. All reruns shown on Netflix are no longer available, except for payment, to Xfinity only customers. How stupid is that? We are now being punished for not spending the additional money on streaming content and somehow not being rewarded for being Xfinity customers. 

Let's just add that to all of the other Xfinity shortcomings shall we? In my case, I have no other options or I would be gone in a flash.

New Poster

We have been having this problem since a transfer of names on account on FRIDAY. We have talked to 4 people and nobody can fix it. 2 people told us it was VOD outage (the 3rd gave us a outage ticket #SI019767288) while the 4th said there was no outage. I have no clue why nobody can fix this at Comcast, it is annoying when you cannot even get a straight answer. I really find it odd how this all happened after a name transfer but everybody keeps telling us that our account is properly setup with the right stuff. IS THERE A COMCAST EMPLOYEE ON THIS FORUM THAT KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS?

New Poster

yep they did.  amc was on last week and now for the finale of walking dead it's no longer available. I have no idea how people could stop comcast unless a major boycott happens.

New Poster

TV Shows "On-Demand" are no longer free?

I usually catch up on "Designated Survivor" by using the On-Demand feature, because I get up at 4:30am for work, and the show is on too late at night for me.  Today (Sunday) I tried to watch last Wednesday's episode, and On-Demand wants me to pay.  When did On-Demand start charging??????  This is so wrong on so many fronts! Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad