Community Forum

TV Screen goes black periodically for a few seconds

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

TV Screen goes black periodically for a few seconds

My TV has just recently started going to a black screen periodically for a few seconds.  The sound remains but the picture goes black screen.  The only change we have made was to put in the new voice command controller, but that was about a month ago and this issue only recently started occurring.  Are others having this same problem?  Is there a resolution?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: TV Screen goes black periodically for a few seconds

The first thing I would try is to see if it is the TV by selecting my antenna input.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have the Arris XG1v4 and I am also observing a periodic black screen for a few seconds then the video still return. I see this when watching live tv or the DVR.
Silver Problem Solver

@mtrumbull wrote:
I have the Arris XG1v4 and I am also observing a periodic black screen for a few seconds then the video still return. I see this when watching live tv or the DVR.

Can you test your TV witn an antenna to see if it does the same thing?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

adding... instead of rebooting try this to see what happens. unplug the hdmi cord from the DVR for 5 seconds and plug back in (be sure get it in the right jack).. did the video return without reboot?

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

If this happens with HMDI cable, I tried to reboot modem DVR did not work. I tried to chane resolution did not work. I went back to red white yellow audio video and voila it worked!!!!!