Community Forum

TV Listings for only my Channel Lineup

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

TV Listings for only my Channel Lineup

Is it possible to filter my TV Listings (on the website) to show only the Channel Lineup I have (Digital Starter)?

Furthermore, do you know if it's possible to make my cable box only show my Channel Lineup? Why do I have to scroll through all the black screen channels with notice in the center that I don't have access to?

Thanks for any hints.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: TV Listings for only my Channel Lineup

genboy wrote:

Is it possible to filter my TV Listings (on the website) to show only the Channel Lineup I have (Digital Starter)?

Furthermore, do you know if it's possible to make my cable box only show my Channel Lineup? Why do I have to scroll through all the black screen channels with notice in the center that I don't have access to?

Thanks for any hints.

"Is it possible to filter my TV Listings (on the website) to show only the Channel Lineup I have" - No, but there is a workaround that you can use:

On the TV Listings page (www.xfinitytv.com/tv-listings) you'll notice heart icons next to each channel in the grid. If you select the heart icons of your favorite channels, then choose the favorite channels filter. This way, you'll be able to create your customized grid of your channels.

"do you know if it's possible to make my cable box only show my Channel Lineup? Why do I have to scroll through all the black screen channels with notice in the center that I don't have access to?" - I am sorry but there is no way to remove channels that you don't subscribe to from your cable box.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Visitor

Thanks.

New Poster

: Once you have selected your favorites from http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#

how do you make them available when you are watching television? Can you transfer these selected favorites to your television channel view, or do they just live online?

Thanks!

Official Employee

Murdith wrote:

: Once you have selected your favorites from http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#

how do you make them available when you are watching television? Can you transfer these selected favorites to your television channel view, or do they just live online?

Thanks!

I am sorry but this feature does not yet exist.

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor

ComcastJoe wrote:

genboy wrote:

Thanks for any hints.

"Is it possible to filter my TV Listings (on the website) to show only the Channel Lineup I have" - No, but there is a workaround that you can use:

On the TV Listings page (www.xfinitytv.com/tv-listings) you'll notice heart icons next to each channel in the grid. If you select the heart icons of your favorite channels, then choose the favorite channels filter. This way, you'll be able to create your customized grid of your channels.

"do you know if it's possible to make my cable box only show my Channel Lineup? Why do I have to scroll through all the black screen channels with notice in the center that I don't have access to?" - I am sorry but there is no way to remove channels that you don't subscribe to from your cable box.

Thanks,
Joe

After having TIVO for years, and loving it - we went with the Comcast "box" after our Tivo died, and only for the simple reason of potentially getting the On Dmand stuff....     We still have the Comcast DVR.

HOWEVER - it is really awful to have to scroll past all the on screen Channel Guide and all the channels we don't get - and don't even remember if we do get one when we click on it.  Or son says - it's Marketing - you see all the programs "you could get" - so it's a subtle way of constant marketing...

Well - I wish there was a built-in way on the Channel Guide Menu to only display those channels that the box is subscribed and has access to actually display...   Seems like s simple toggle - or selection -

New Poster

So where is the list of just MY channels? So I can print out that list - of just MY channels, take the list into the living room, and spend the next hour or so going throught the WHOLE list just to put hearts next to MY channels?  Surely, there has to be a better/easier way??

New Poster

Xfinity should add a menu item to the box software.  TV LISTING: All Channels / Just My Channels.

As is done now, the server sends the entire channel list (master list) to all boxes at the same time, once per x seconds.

To include custom channel list, the server would send a subscriber's channel number list, at the request of the box.

The box could then populate its channel listing display, from the master list, but only include channels that are included in the subscriber's channel number list.

It would be a big plus for subscribers to Xfinity.

New Poster

I second that. I'm a new Comcast customer and can't believe you can't just check a box and have the Guide display only channels I can actually view. That was very easy to do on Dish.

Contributor

and to think that a recent article from I believe Nielsens...

said folks only use 17 channels of the hundreds they are forced to subscribe to...

New Poster

To follow up on ps56k's comment - Why can't we just subscribe to a list of channels at different pricing. I know, I know, that would put Nielson out of business !!! But really, why are the religious and foreign language channels provided to everyone even if they don't want them. It's called capitalism - if the channel is good, lots of people subscribe. If not, it goes away. Even PBS would fare VERY WELL in that scenario.

Comcast - start listening !!!!

New Poster

a_user wrote:

"It would be a big plus for subscribers to Xfinity."

And there's your clue right there that it won't happen. Comcast (xfiniity) is not concerned with big pluses that help the subscriber. If it doesn't benefit Comcast or their advertisers, they're not interested. Sad, but true.   :-\