Community Forum

TV Listings - Favorites won't save

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

TV Listings - Favorites won't save

I can't change my favorites listings. I have some I would like to delete and some I'd like to add, but even though it shows me changing them, the next time I login or reload the page, the deleted channels are back and the added channels are gone. This has been going on since you changed the listings format.

I followed all the instructions on your help page, but nothing worked. (Online TV Listings Help http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/troubleshoot-incorrect-channel-lineup-on-dvr/  )

Zip code is 95404

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: TV Listings - Favorites won't save

llamafarm wrote:

I can't change my favorites listings. I have some I would like to delete and some I'd like to add, but even though it shows me changing them, the next time I login or reload the page, the deleted channels are back and the added channels are gone. This has been going on since you changed the listings format.

I followed all the instructions on your help page, but nothing worked. (Online TV Listings Help http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/troubleshoot-incorrect-channel-lineup-on-dvr/  )

Zip code is 95404

Make sure that you have cookies enabled and that your browser is not deleting your cookies upon exiting.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

They are, and as the page I link suggested, I deleted them, started over, still having the problem. 

Are you using 3rd party cookies?

Official Employee

llamafarm wrote:

They are, and as the page I link suggested, I deleted them, started over, still having the problem. 

Are you using 3rd party cookies?

There should not be any 3rd party cookies but make sure they are enabled.

Also, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Tried two different browsers on two different computers. Cookies are enabled. I deleted cookies and tried deleting and adding channels; new cookies show up, but the old settings stay.

Official Employee

llamafarm wrote:

Tried two different browsers on two different computers. Cookies are enabled. I deleted cookies and tried deleting and adding channels; new cookies show up, but the old settings stay.

Are you still seeing this issue? If so, please try again now and let me know if it is still happening.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Having the same problem--try to add favorites to online tv list, but even after deleting cookies, refreshing browser, restarting computer, correctly logging in and selecting service location/service, the error message still appears

Official Employee

putabirdonit,

THis should be fixed for you now. Let me know if you're still seeing issues and I'll take another look.

- Dan

New Poster

This is not resolved. Almost a month has gone by fighting this battle. I had a tech out today who saw the issue and tried dozens of things. I have only 1 favorites list. He said he got it to work if he created a 2nd favorites list and added the new channels to that. Trusting him (first mistake) I let him leave without showing me. When I went to add to 50 new channels I ordered I found the 2 favorites lists with 1 channel each. He had deleted my favorites.

I went ahead and started adding my favorites again hitting the check mark every 10 channels and validating that they were saving. I got roughly 150 channels saved when they stopped saving. At this point I created a 2nd favorites list and picked up where I left off and I was unable to save any.

To date I have spent 37 hours testing and waiting for Comcast to fix this problem. I think donating a weeks salary to Comcast's problem is enough.

Please let me know your (Comcast's retention teams) plan to keep loyal customers like myself (16 years) from going to Dish...

Tim
Official Employee

tgMumma,

Are you having problems setting favorites on an X1 box or the website? I want to make sure we're diagnosing the correct problem.

- Dan