Community Forum

TV Listings Error

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

TV Listings Error

Well another surprise from Xfiity TV listings. Now when I check the listings from the Xfinity home page I get a mesage next to the TV listings box at the top of the grid. It says, "Your time zone is not the same as the listings you're viewing. Change your computer clock to change the grid".

Problem is the time zone shown in the listings is correct for PST, the zip code remains correct, and the computer clock is correct.  Plus all the times shown in the grid are correct and represent correct scheduling. Just in case the listings were somehow locked up I changed the zip code to Chicago and the time to CST. Checked listings and they had shifted 2 hours (from PST to CST). However the bright yellow message remained. Reset the zip code to it's original setting and reset the time to PST.

The obnoxious yellow message remains. I believe this was first noticed when time changed from daylght to standard (2:00 AM, November 2). Perhaps Xfinity shold tell the TV listings to correct their time settings.

Also your Xfinity TV listings Help Troubleshooting guide is also incorrect. It states that "right next to the zip code, there is a drop down list of Time Zones'. Wrong there is no drop down list next to the zipcode or zip or zip code box.

Please advise or correct the mis-statement and get rid of the florescent yellow box next to the zip code box.

New Poster

Re: TV Listings Error

Same deal a year later, same reason -- end of DST. Somebody's slacking. :-)