Community Forum

TV Go Missing BET Channel

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

TV Go Missing BET Channel

Wanted to watch BET new series Being Mary Jane on TV Go app.  The BET Channel is not an Network option.  Why?  Is it listed under a different name?  Please Advise.

Thank you

Problem Solver

Re: TV Go Missing BET Channel

Not all channels or networks are available for online viewing.

New Poster

I had the same question. I just realized BET is not on the iOS or Android app. Its simple to say not all shows and networks are available for online viewing, but a quick check of the Xfinity Watch Online site shows BET is available with 9 series available for viewing, including Being Mary Jane for subscribers with channel lines up that include BET. http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks/BET/5/main If it network and series can be viewed online from the website, why can't they be included with the applications as well? Comvie
Official Employee

Apps on iOS and android are considered mobile devices, computers and laptops aren't. If a network doesn't want to be on mobile devices that's their prerogative.
New Poster

You do know that this network is available as an app on mobile devices through other cable providers like Uverse, Direct a TV, Timewarner, and Vios? So their prerogative is to have it available, but it's not of Comcast. Since their is a monopoly on an area, we the customers don't have a choice to but to take it or move to another city where those providers are. Seemly Comcast is the main provider in a majority minority area, restricting a minority channel from mobile access. Don't put that on the network when it's the corporation of Comcast that has made this decision.
New Poster

When I go online to view Being Mary Jane, it tells me I have to watch it on the Xfinity app. When I search for the show on the app, it doesn't show up. What's the deal with that?