Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

TV Go App on Ipad - Downloads very very slow

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

TV Go App on Ipad - Downloads very very slow

I'm using the Ipad TV Go App to download (for when I'm offline) TV shows and movies.  The download is horribly slow - 2 hours or more for a 500MB file.   I've tested the Ipad and my home wifi network and they're very fast - it seems to be just this application.   Any ideas?

New Poster

Re: TV Go App on Ipad - Downloads very very slow

Can confirm the same on 2 other ipads in our house.  Have tried on LTE, wifi, and alternate wifi.  Seems to just be the app...

New Poster

Same problem here. Downloads are horribly slow and then fail completely around 90% complete..... So frustrating!!!
New Poster

Same problem here...and worse it stops downloading when the ipad sleeps rather to continue the download until done.  This forces me to still with the ipad and prevent it from going to sleep while in the xfinity TV app..

I download iTunes movie in 15-20 minutes and it continues to download when the ipad sleeps.

Comcast needs to fix this problem asap as the stage for providing media is getting more and more crowded.  They may be left with only providing internet access.  Telephone is mobile, media through specific subscriptions (Netflex, Apple, and others) and comcast a pure internet provider.  The hunt is on Comcast and you need to step up your game.

New Poster

4 HR TO DOWNLOAD TV GO MOVIE ON IPAD WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT????????

15 MINUTES OR LESS ON MY ANDROID PHONE...DO YOU HAVE A FIX FOR MY IPAD?

New Poster

Where is the Comcast Customer Support team on this topic?  It has been like this for over 1 year.  Everyone I talk to has the same problem.  Also, it wouldn't be totally killer if it continued to download overnight while I sleep, assuming I have a day to download.  Please help. 

New Poster

Me too! I noticed this problem about a year ago and have dealt with it since, but now it's getting totally out of hand. I can't take it anymore. Takes hours on end to download and if I don't keep opening up the app and tapping on the download screen it will pause itself indefinitely.

New Poster

It's ridiculous....is anyone from Comcast monitoring these posts?  Fix the issue...I have an android and the download process is much smoother 

New Poster

It's freaking taking longer to download a movie than to actually watch it on the iPad app? This is crazy stupid

New Poster

Same here.  The download feature on both the TV and TV Go app is terrible, virtually unusable.

New Poster

COMCAST - WAKE UP AND FIX THIS!  The only solace I take is that is appears to be happening across all types of devices/operating systems.  HULU and others are looking better and better all the time...another cord approaches being cut...

New Poster

Has there ever been any solution to this? Ipad Mini here and while it's not hours it certainly isn't fast given the speed of my internet connection. 

New Poster

Same problem as of 11/07/17. The only program that lags on my iPad Air 2 is Xfinity.