Community Forum

TCM Not Authorized?!?!?!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

TCM Not Authorized?!?!?!

I have HD Premier XF Triple Play, which includes over 260 channels including all the premium movie channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Starz, etc.) - and specificallly Turner Classic Movies (on 903 in HD).  This was a requirement for me when I opened this account on 6/6/2017, and indeed TCM was working fine when I last checked it.  Last night I tried to watch a movie on TCM/903 and got a "not authorized" message.  Searching around it looks like Comcast I can't even FIND TCM anywhere, but I'm told it is now hidden in a "Sports and Entertainment Package" - that might be fine for NEW customers but I already contracted for this channel with my HD Premier package, and want it back!

What's the fastest/easiest way to get this resolved short of sending a complaint to the Attorney General?!?!?!  Smiley Sad

Official Employee

Re: TCM Not Authorized?!?!?!

MichaelCoffin wrote:

I have HD Premier XF Triple Play, which includes over 260 channels including all the premium movie channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Starz, etc.) - and specificallly Turner Classic Movies (on 903 in HD).  This was a requirement for me when I opened this account on 6/6/2017, and indeed TCM was working fine when I last checked it.  Last night I tried to watch a movie on TCM/903 and got a "not authorized" message.  Searching around it looks like Comcast I can't even FIND TCM anywhere, but I'm told it is now hidden in a "Sports and Entertainment Package" - that might be fine for NEW customers but I already contracted for this channel with my HD Premier package, and want it back!

What's the fastest/easiest way to get this resolved short of sending a complaint to the Attorney General?!?!?!  Smiley Sad

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. TCM is indeed on channel 903 and is included in the Sports and Entertainment Package. Looks like it has been that way since at least May 2017 for this area.  

Let me look into this a bit more and see what I can find out. Thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks ComcastTeds.  I ordered this service on 6/5/17, TCM was definitely included in HD Premier XF Triple Play when I placed the order.  The service was activated on 6/17/17 and I recall testing all of my movie channels when the new cablecard was provisioned, and TCM was definitely authorized at that time. 

-MC

Regular Visitor

By the way, this website is messed up.  Whenever I try to login using the login name above (michaelcoffin), I get forced to a screen that wants me to complete a profile or register (see screen capture).  If I click logout and try to login again, it forces me back to this page.  When I logged in using the comcast login associated with this account (724comm) it finally lets me in.  FYI this account is in zip 02657, I have multiple accounts with Comcast.

Forum Says Complete Profile and Register - But I am Already Logged In!.pngForum keeps trying to force me to login, but I'm already logged in.

Official Employee

MichaelCoffin wrote:

Apologies, I think part of the issue with the login is that your e-mail address is assigned to a previous inactive account in our system. I can get that corrected, check your Private Messages.

Private Messages (PM’s)

You can click on my name (ComcastTeds) and scroll down to a link that says “Private Message Me”.
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4833257

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!