Community Forum

TCL Roku TV Xfinity X1 DVR not Showing up

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

TCL Roku TV Xfinity X1 DVR not Showing up

Spent about an hour setting up a new 4k X1 DVR on a TCL 55S405 yesterday. No matter what I did, it would not show up on the HDMI ARC Port.

Come to find out from some web searches that it won't work. If the DVR or STB is new, self install kit, never been hooked up, you will need another HDTV to get it operating on your account. Than you can hook it up to the Roku TV OS and have a working connection. I just hope that no one runs into a situation where a Roku TV is the only thing you have access to because you will be SOL.
Hope this helps anyone on here staring back and forth between the wiring and the screen hoping for an outcome that will never come...

It's laughable now, but than, I was out of my mind!!!

😉 They won't even allow the word Roku in any of the tags.
Official Employee

Re: TCL Roku TV Xfinity X1 DVR not Showing up

Hello ROBrien05. Thank you for providing this feedback.  Please let us know if you need any assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Help.  We have the same problem.  Same two devices.  All I get is a black screen.  Xfinity X one DVR has been attached to a different digital TV for the last year. We got the new Roku TV and now we can't get it to connect. Please help.

Expert

@Burnsjohnston wrote:

Help.  We have the same problem.  Same two devices.  All I get is a black screen.  Xfinity X one DVR has been attached to a different digital TV for the last year. We got the new Roku TV and now we can't get it to connect. Please help.

check your Roku settings and reply with the version. uninstall the Xfinity Stream channel and power down the TV for 30 seconds (unplug). Plug back in and reinstall the channel. working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

To clarify, is it the X1 dvr getting attached to the tv or the Stream app on the Roku.

If it’s the dvr to tv, are you on the proper tv input?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
To clarify, is it the X1 dvr getting attached to the tv or the Stream app on the Roku.

If it’s the dvr to tv, are you on the proper tv input?

TV with built in Roku

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

The question was actually for burnsjohnston, since it’s his equipment

Reread the post “ All I get is a black screen. Xfinity X one DVR has been attached to a different digital TV for the last year. “

New Poster

Its the dvr.  I tried all the ports just in case but the others have no signal.

Expert

@Burnsjohnston wrote:

Its the dvr.  I tried all the ports just in case but the others have no signal.

hi again. check the output port on the DVR there are several HDMI ports but only one works be sure it is for the 'to TV' output jack. you will need to enter setup on your TV menu to tell the TV that that port is a cablebox too.