Community Forum

TBS picture constantly pixelates with sound loss

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: TBS picture constantly pixelates with sound loss

Year old thread closed.
New Poster

Agree that TBS is the only channel having pixelation issues of all channels. If they can't get their stuff together, they should not be allowed to telecast the MLB playoffs. This is garbage

Gold Problem Solver

jimconsidine wrote:
When watching TBS, the picture constantly pixelates with concurrent sound loss. The frequency of the interruptions will run in spurts. It will only last for a second or two but you might experience 2 or 3 in a minute's time. It gets old. I usually do not watch TBS so I forget about it when the baseball or basketball playoffs are over. Now that TBS is airing Samantha Bee's new show, these "blips" occur so that the punchline of a joke is missed. Comcast customer service was bewildered. They have sent plenty of reset signals, to no avail. There is another software fix they can send via signal, but they were a little concerned that this might knock out something that was working properly. A technician made a service call and swapped out the DVR and wiring. It had no effect on TBS. The tech thought he found a solution by using the composite connection (red/white/yellow). The only thing that accomplished was a new view of the pixelation at 480p instead of 1080p. I am stumped, especially when my neighbor gets perfect reception of TBS. I am appreciative of any suggestions you might have. Thank you in advance.

In addition to what Rick has stated, are you seeing this on ONLY TBS or are you also seeing this on the adjacent channels NEXT to TBS as well?  This could also be a frequency issue that TBS is being delivered to you on....either way, as Rick stated only a Tech on site can evaluate and make the necessary repaires for this issue.  No amount of "pushing" signlas will fix this.  Sorry, but you need another TECH visit.

Gold Problem Solver

Sorry but you have incoming signal issues and you need another tech visit who hopefully will be more experienced. If your X1 box was replaced and the problem remains there is little else it could be.

FYI nobody from Comcast you would talk to over the phone or internet chat would have the resources to address an issue like this.

jimconsidine wrote:
When watching TBS, the picture constantly pixelates with concurrent sound loss. The frequency of the interruptions will run in spurts. It will only last for a second or two but you might experience 2 or 3 in a minute's time. It gets old. I usually do not watch TBS so I forget about it when the baseball or basketball playoffs are over. Now that TBS is airing Samantha Bee's new show, these "blips" occur so that the punchline of a joke is missed. Comcast customer service was bewildered. They have sent plenty of reset signals, to no avail. There is another software fix they can send via signal, but they were a little concerned that this might knock out something that was working properly. A technician made a service call and swapped out the DVR and wiring. It had no effect on TBS. The tech thought he found a solution by using the composite connection (red/white/yellow). The only thing that accomplished was a new view of the pixelation at 480p instead of 1080p. I am stumped, especially when my neighbor gets perfect reception of TBS. I am appreciative of any suggestions you might have. Thank you in advance.

Regular Visitor

TBS picture constantly pixelates with sound loss

TBS pixels.png