Community Forum

System locks up when starting the Netflix App

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

System locks up when starting the Netflix App

Total system locks up and requires a refresh when Netflix app is used.   This includes the main box and two secondary units.

After around 10 minutes the system restarts and regular TV is resumed.

It is a hit and miss if the system will lock up but it has happened more frequently after a package change back in November 2017.  The one common factor is one user is watching something with "On-Demand" and another uses the Netflix app.

Would this have anything to do with signal strength?

Thanks.

Expert

Re: System locks up when starting the Netflix App

oldsmobile02 wrote:

Total system locks up and requires a refresh when Netflix app is used.   This includes the main box and two secondary units.

After around 10 minutes the system restarts and regular TV is resumed.

It is a hit and miss if the system will lock up but it has happened more frequently after a package change back in November 2017.  The one common factor is one user is watching something with "On-Demand" and another uses the Netflix app.

Would this have anything to do with signal strength?

Thanks.

probably. call 800-Comcast and select TV and when you get the representative, ask the person to run the Internet Troubleshooting Guide (Einstein).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.