Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Swapped boxes, same problem

Highlighted
New Poster

Swapped boxes, same problem

The box I had, RNG110, was having a blue screen PACE software download problem. I swapped the boxes, got a RNG150, yesterday everything was fine for the night. Now, the software problem is back. Looking around the forum, it seems that the solution is to swap the box. But I did that. This is the first time ever having this problem. If all the tech is going to do is swap the box, I can do that myself. What I'm wondering is if I need a certain type of cable box.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Swapped boxes, same problem

Hi sam-e0, the information that (ComcastAndrew and Rustyben) shared is correct. If you need further assistance in swapping out your equipment I can send the equipment to you via direct mail or you can always go into a local Comcast service center and swap it out there. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. 

All Replies
Official Employee

If you went from the legacy to X1, you just happened to get a bad box. You should be able to swap again yourself if that's the way that you want to go.
Expert

sam-e0 wrote:
The box I had, RNG110, was having a blue screen PACE software download problem. I swapped the boxes, got a RNG150, yesterday everything was fine for the night. Now, the software problem is back. Looking around the forum, it seems that the solution is to swap the box. But I did that. This is the first time ever having this problem. If all the tech is going to do is swap the box, I can do that myself. What I'm wondering is if I need a certain type of cable box.

adding... I would take that box in and swap it out for an XG2 HD box (you will get the voice remote feature, and access to all apps on the set top box). The XG2 won't have component video connectors if that is needed.

Official Employee

Hi sam-e0, the information that (ComcastAndrew and Rustyben) shared is correct. If you need further assistance in swapping out your equipment I can send the equipment to you via direct mail or you can always go into a local Comcast service center and swap it out there. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.