Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Suggestion on folders for recorded shows

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Suggestion on folders for recorded shows

With Dish I could tell recorded shows to go into the folder I wanted.......therefore we did not have to share a folder.  It was much easier on my husband Smiley Happy  I would like to see Xfinity give us the ability to create folders for recorded shows and designate which folder they will go into.  Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Suggestion on folders for recorded shows

I second this. My wife and I would love to have His, Hers, and Ours folders. Especially if each cable box would default to a specified folder, because there is a TV only the wife uses and a TV only I use. We dislike the clutter caused by seeing each other's recordings.

Regular Contributor

I asked for this very feature years ago and I am still waiting and I bet more then likely 5 years from I will still be waiting for create folder feature Smiley Sad

It really is such a great idea though create folders with the option to password protect them as well would fantastic!

New Poster

So now my question would be is this the place Xfinity goes to for customer recommendations or do I need to post it somewhere else?

Expert

springermom4 wrote:

So now my question would be is this the place Xfinity goes to for customer recommendations or do I need to post it somewhere else?

This forum is for users of the X1 system.  Suggestions are submitted all the time.

Official Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the feature request, this feature is on our radar. In our most recent release, we introduced a new feature that provides additonal organization to the recordings list and it also provides help with navigation. At the top of your recoridings list, you'll find a new "Filter" option. You can use this to jump to viewing only specific categories of recordings (like movies, sports, kids). Please try the feature out and  feel free to let me know your thoughts.

Gwen

New Poster

Sorry the filter does nothing for us!

Regular Contributor

The filter mentioned by Gwen is useless in my household as well, and does not address the actual wish. The wish is to allow users to separate recordings into folders.