Community Forum

Subscription required 12012

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Subscription required 12012

I am unable to watch ANY of the live tv channels on my phone. Is this something I am going to have to be on the phone for ever for a fix? I appears I am not alone with this problem. 

I have done all the rebooying and reinstalling....and like others, no resolve.

Official Employee

Re: Subscription required 12012

TheGemini wrote:

I am unable to watch ANY of the live tv channels on my phone. Is this something I am going to have to be on the phone for ever for a fix? I appears I am not alone with this problem. 

I have done all the rebooying and reinstalling....and like others, no resolve.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I looked up the account associated with your forum email address and see no mobile devices signed into your account. There are PCs.  Are you able to watch without problems from your PC?  If so, are you sure you are signing in with the same username to the XFINITY TV app on your mobile device?

Frequent Visitor

No sir...anything I select on the pc that is live I get the "Available to watch in home only" tag. I am able to watch any "On Demand" listings but none of the live channels.Pretty much the same thing on my phone.

How do I get my other devices "assigned" to my account if it is needed??? I did a lot of research on xfinity and saw no explanation of the other devices having to be assigned?? I must be signed in in order to receive all of the on demand stuff.

Admin1

TheGemini -- That error message you're receiving is a nationally known issue. We are working on a solution for this. 

You can assign other devices to your account by downloading the App and signing in. The device you use will have you authenticate it which will then register it with your account. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks you for the acknowledgement.

Admin1

You're welcome. 

Frequent Visitor

Any progress towards a solution for this problem???

Admin1

Yes. Issue has been resolved. We'll have to individually investigate any account still receiving this error. Are you still seeing it? 

Frequent Visitor

It appears to be resolved for the desktop, but still errors from the app.

Thanks