Community Forum

Subscription Required

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Most Valued Poster

Subscription Required

Please fix your problem Comcast. Keep getting SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED if trying

to watch online, AMC, TRU TV, TNT, USA, etc.

All of them work on my TV.

Have no problems with HBO online or on TV???

New Poster

Re: Subscription Required

Same issue here.  I am logged in on my laptop and I get Subscription Required even though I have the service.  Was just working last night...what happened?

Regular Visitor

Same problem. Over and over again. We pay too much money for this not to work. 

New Poster

I just got off the phone with support after waiting 15min.  Lady on the phone transfered me to internet support and then they hung up.  What a joke! 

New Poster

Also have same problem.  I prefer to watch many shows online while other household members watch TV.  Seems ridiculous to have this keep coming up.  I'm not adding thing in content to what others have said, but adding to number of frustrated customers.

New Poster

I'm getting it too! The tech tried to set up a 72 hour pass for HBO and it still wont work.  It was working fine this afternoon.  When I told the tech guy that several other people had posted on the site that they are getting the message too, he seemed rather shocked.  Nice to know Comcast isn't even reading these.... 

New Poster

Same problem here. Bummer.

New Poster

Having same issue with the "subscription required" orange key popping up for channels I have watched a billion times over. Was working yesterday fine but not this evening (Oct 1). No longer have acess to HBO or Food Network shows. An attempt to call Comcast's internet service department had me transferred to the cable television department followed by a half hour wait...and no reply.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue trying to watch HBO on the Xfinity website. I called in and (after being on hold for half an hour) could not get a real solution to the problem.

Contributor

I'm having the same problem.

New Poster

Why does Comcast not acknowledge on this forum that this problem is happening?  I spent 20 minutes on hold to hear:  "Try again tomorrow."  Indifferently, the reps acknowledged the problem exists.

Official Employee

Hello,

We experienced an outage earlier that is now resolved. You can find more information in the following thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/quot-Subscription-Required-quot-But-I-already-subscri...

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

This problem has NOT been resolved.  Still happening to me for all channels except the major networks (ABC, NBC).  I can't watch BBC or any of my pay subscriptions (Showtime, HBO, etc.)

ComcastJoe wrote:

Hello,

We experienced an outage earlier that is now resolved. You can find more information in the following thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/quot-Subscription-Required-quot-But-I-already-subscri...

Thank you.

New Poster

I am also having this issue. This is getting ridiculous. Worked fine a couple of hours ago and now it's broken AGAIN! Seems like it's on and off.

Is anyone from Comcast going to help us?

New Poster

If you are using Mozilla Firefox, I may have a temporary solution for you.  I believe the error is due to a password recognition clitch of some kind.  Anyways, I was able to get it to work by doing the following.

1) Go to the Tools Menu and then /Options.

2) In the Left Menu click on Security

3) In the Security window go to the Paswords section.

4) If the Remember Passwords For Sites button is Checked, click on the Saved Passwords button.  If it is not checked then go to step #9  and see if that helps.

5) In the Search space provided, type in comcast.  It should retrieve any Sites and Usernames for the the Xfinity TV site.  (To be safe, make sure to write down the Usernames and Passwords associated with each Site.  You can see your passwords by clicking on the Show Passwords button.

6) Select any Sites that have the word comcast in them and Delete each entry you find.

7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 by searching on the word Xfininty.

8) Try logging in.  (NOTE: You may want to do step #9 prior to logging in, but some of you may not have to)

9) Call Xfinity/Comcast at 1-800-934-6489; ask for tech support; then ask the representative to do a UDB Refresh on your account.  Tell them it is due to the Subscription Required error message.

10) Cross your fingersSmiley Happy

- U2R4E