Community Forum

Streaming to a tv away from home

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Streaming to a tv away from home

I downloaded the app & can see all my DVR recordings along with the guide listing tv programming. The only place I can find to watch anything is the device the app is downloaded to. How can I watch on another tv either away from home or in another room of my home.

Official Employee

Re: Streaming to a tv away from home

Lucyvanpelt wrote:

I downloaded the app & can see all my DVR recordings along with the guide listing tv programming. The only place I can find to watch anything is the device the app is downloaded to. How can I watch on another tv either away from home or in another room of my home.

You can use the Stream app for Roku while in your home to watch on TVs without a set-top box. The Stream app for iOS and Android is only able to play back content on the device on which is installed.

-ComcastDan

New Poster

I tried downloading to my Roku but I could not stream live programming to a TV away from home.  Info said you had to be using Xfinity wi-fi even though I can stream on my computer using another provider (however, unable to stream on a computer using Google Cloud for some reason).   Any suggestion?

Frequent Visitor

The only way I have found is to setup a Slingbox unit between the x1 box and TV. Open the Slingbox app up and watch. Bandwidth can be an issue at times but it  is the only way to get local TV News during emergencies like Harvey and Irma.