Community Forum

Streaming Video on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1cant

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Streaming Video on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1cant

I cant watch Xfinity TV or movies on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. First, should I be able to. If so what am I doing wrong? I can select a show to watch and it goes to the video screen but it just says its loading but nothing ever comes up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

New Poster

Re: Streaming Video on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1cant

I am having the same trouble - trying to watch online tv - on demand shows.  It just has the screen like it's loading but never does.  I have a macbook 1 year old - Intel 2.4 i5 processor, 4 G memory and Snow Leopard so it should work. I'm not clear on what ad popup settings to look at. Using Firefox (Safari has issues)

Comcast Joe - can you help us?

Silver Problem Solver

you cannot watch live tv only ondemand type movies.  You need to get it working on your pc first.  make sure your location zip code is set correctly and not to automatic for a start.

New Poster

New Poster

I see these requests for help watching comcast tv on galaxy tabs but i don't see answers. What's up with this, Comcast?
Silver Problem Solver

as I stated above you can only watch on demand type shows with the xfinity app.

Here are the notes from the android market.  you need to be in a motorola market also.  AS you see below Cisco and SA markets are not supported.

Compatibility and Known Issues:
- Xfinity TV app supports most Android handsets running Android 2.1 and higher.
- Xfinity TV app supports the Motorola Xoom tablet running Android v3.1. Other Honeycomb v3.1 tablets with a 1280x800 resolution should work. We will certify the application on additional tablets soon.
- Xfinity TV app may work on other Android devices not listed above but it has not been designed or optimized for them. They are currently unsupported.
- Xfinity TV app currently supports devices that allow more than a 16MB memory limit on applications and will automatically detect the required memory. This includes most devices. However, the AT&T HTC Aria is a notable exception and is not compatible.

*Xfinity TV app supports many-but not all-Comcast set top boxes. Specifically, Scientific Atlanta set top boxes are not yet supported. Please see http://www.xfinity.com/eligibleboxes for details about currently supported set top boxes.

Though it not clear this is primarily a customer to customer forum

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post

New Poster

Thanks for the clarification. I have the Android Honeycomb 3.1 and the 1200 x 800 resolution you were referring to. Part of what is written is that Xfinity will certify the app on more tablets soon. Which must mean they haven't got it worked out yet with the Samsung galaxy 10.1 tab. I've read numerous blogs of people having this issue so I know I'm not the lone ranger. Also, to be clear, I am only trying to watch on demand not stream live. Hopefully this gets worked out soon. Its very disappointing. Thanks again.
New Poster

Rog,

Around the same time you posted your reply to this thread, I was seeking answers to the same question via online chat. The person I spoke to was very nice, but her answer was that Android devices were not supported at this time. She also said that she would forward my issue to their technical people.

I never heard back from anyone. My issue remains unsolved.

Just so we are clear on my specific problem, I am trying to watch On Demand content on my new Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet, with 32 GB memory. It is running Honeycomb 3.2. I was attempting to do this from a hotel away from home.

So, your reply regarding watching On Demand content, as far as I can tell, is incorrect. At least in my area (North NJ)

I have no issues controlling my 3 digital cable boxes from the tablet, however, so that part is correct. I will follow up with the email address you provided as well.

--Julio

New Poster

New Poster

Eulipian, I have the same tablet and was trying to use mine out of town also. I have not been able to find out when this issue will be solved but from what I understand it works on the Motorola Zoom which is also Android based. I think its just Samsung but not 100% sure on that. If I get any useful info I'll post it here. If anyone else finds out anything definitive in regards to this issue would you please post it here. Thanks.
New Poster

Kev, I sent a copy of my post, my Comcast support chat session, and my submission to the online support web form regarding the same topic, to the email address Rog posted and got a call this afternoon from the Comcast technical group. The techie apologized for any mis-information and said streaming is currently not available on Android tablets. He also assured me that providing this feature is a "top priority" and is coming "soon". He seemed sincere.

Considering the coming Android tablet consumer explosion, I don't doubt they are working on it. I hope they get it working soon.

New Poster

Another smack in the face for Galaxy Tab 10 users, who still can't even watch their (paid-for) current Comcast services on the device.  More and more for Ipad, and more and more "promises" for Android.  So will the rest of us be getting a proportionate reduction in cable bills to account for the services we pay for but can't even access?

New Poster

Cant play anjything from xfinity on any samsung product. Not sure which of them is at fault but its pretty lame

Have a samsung smart TV and laptop and neither will play anything 

New Poster

Though they finally did get it so i can Use HBO.Go