Community Forum

Streaming Tigers on Fox Sports GO???

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Streaming Tigers on Fox Sports GO???

When will Comcast allow us to stream Tigers games from Fox Sports Detroit on the Fox Sports GO app? Every other provider seems to. I a.m. about ready to switch providers.

Official Employee

Re: Streaming Tigers on Fox Sports GO???

TimZ2 wrote:

When will Comcast allow us to stream Tigers games from Fox Sports Detroit on the Fox Sports GO app? Every other provider seems to. I a.m. about ready to switch providers.

Apologies. I can confirm that Fox Sports Detroit availability from Comcast on Fox Sports Go is a business decision and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. 

Comcast does not currently have the streaming rights to Fox Regional Sports Network content at this time. Other content providers in the market do. The Fox Sports Go ads run during the games on live TV and are placed by Fox.

We continue to work with Fox to obtain streaming rights for Fox Regional Sports Networks for our customers.

Thanks for your patience.

New Poster

VERY frustrated about this. It's already difficult to justify what I pay to Comcast monthly. Every time I see the ad for live streaming these games on Fox Sports GO, it irks me even more that it's all about more money and profit. Losing my patience.

Thanks for the reply though.

New Poster

Ditto that argument.  Pay them literally HUNDREDS a month for phone, internet and cable and STILL cannot get Fox Sports to listen to a Tiger game.  It is absolutely ludicrous that the GIANT Comcast cannot get this done for their customers.   Pitiful is too kind a word.

New Poster

With all the money I send to Comcast each month for TV, Internet, phone, and home security, it's very disappointing that they won't allow me to stream live Tigers, Wings and Pistons games on Fox Sports GO. It's 2016. Streaming should be the norm.
New Poster

Has there been any updates yet? I still cant stream Tigers games on my computer...

Official Employee

All - thanks for your patience here. As you may have heard, Comcast customers will be able to authenticate Fox Sports Go starting in mid-February. 

New Poster

Wrong....as of June 2017, Fox Sports Go STILL does not authenticate Xfinity.

We'll have to get over it.
Official Employee

DaleMotown wrote:
Wrong....as of June 2017, Fox Sports Go STILL does not authenticate Xfinity.

We'll have to get over it.

Let me take a look at your account and see what's up. Are you seeing an error message? What does that error message say? Are you trying to access Fox Sports Detroit or another regional sports network? What programming are you attempting to view? 

Thanks for any additional information that you are able to provide. 

Some details here for reference: 

http://www.foxsports.com/fsgo-faq

http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/comcast-subscribers-will-be-able-stream-in-market-fox-sports-net-game...

http://www.sportsvideo.org/2017/01/25/comcast-inks-deal-for-live-in-market-streaming-of-fox-rsns/