Community Forum

St. Louis Cardinals games on Paducah Ky system

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

St. Louis Cardinals games on Paducah Ky system

Comcast Paducah televises Fox Sports Midwest Cardinals games on Channel 17. This is done because Paducah gets Fox South as it's regional sports channel, but is in Cardinals territory, and the Cardinals have the dominant fanbase among MLB teams in this area. Channel 17 is an empty channel that only broadcast when the Cardinals play. All weeknight games are televised by Fox Midwest.

The problem is, the games are hit and miss, as to when they are televised. No one at the Comcast call center has any clue about this situation, and is unaware that the Pafucah system televises these games. There are no local contacts for Comcast to discuss the situation. Last season, I got the sports editor at the local newspaper involved, and Comcast was apparantly indifferent in their answer to him also, In the daily sports TV listings for the newspaper, the Cardinals games are listed as TBD (to be determined). This is on the day of the game.  

If Comcast is going to provide these games, they need to provide a schedule of what Fox Midwest Cardinals games they are televising, and make that schedule available to subscribers in the Paducah system,

My own feeling is, somebody doesn't flip a switch somewhere, sometimes, when these games are on. Whether that person is in a remote Comcast center, the local Pafucah office, or the Fox Midwest studio, I don't know. I do know other subscribers and myself are frustrated with this situation. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: St. Louis Cardinals games on Paducah Ky system

This problem is still existing.  The games were being shown at the beginning of the season, but the past few days have not.  I went into the local office and was told they had a problem and was told the games would back that night, which they were.  The next night they were gone again.  I talked to two (2) Comcast representatives and they both had no idea what I was talking about.  One guy seemed like he thought I was making the thing up.  If they stop these games, I know a lot of people that will not be happy and will probably go with other providers.

Frequent Visitor

Edit

Contributor

I'm so happy to find someone other than me, who is concerned about this problem. The first couple of weeks this season, the games came on like clockwork. Then, starting with the Dodgers series they just disappeared. Compounding the problem, is FS South prempting games on their schedule, in favor of Nashville Predator play-off games.

Channel 17 is a mystery. Last season, no problem. In 2009, the games would go away for a week or so, then reappear. At that time, I contacted several people trying to get an answer. The Comcast call center, which I think is in Alabama for this region, had no clue what I was talking about. You had better luck getting something from the local office than I did. The girls there basically blew me off, saying a schedule comes out every year. I asked if the schedule was different than the Fox Midwest schedule, and they didn't know.

Even tried the sports department at The Paducah Sun, seeing if they would investigate it. No reply. That TV listening they have on page 2 of the sports section, relating to Cardinals games, is completely

confusing the way they word it.

The problem here is that Comcast has no one local, to properly address the problem to.

My thoughts are that from time to time, in some control room, the games just aren't switched on when they're suppose to be. Being the missing games usually occur in blocks, it's like the regular person in charge, is on vacation or something.

New Poster

So 2012 is here and  they still don't have this thing figured out!  Really getting disipointed by this, dish here we come!

Contributor

Roll forward another year on this issue, and so far Comcast is batting zero. 4 games played, 1 on ESPN, one on FOX, and 2 on FS Midwest. The 2 FSM games are supposed to be on a Comcast alternate channel, and are a no show. I had my hopes up, because a week prior to the season they put a test pattern on the alternate channel, so i figured maybe they had their act together this season. But no go.

I don't understand what is so difficult about broadcasting these games, when they're suppose to, As usual, nobody at Comcast has a clue as to what I'm talking about.

I'm also sick of the gatekeeper attitude of Comcast employees, who speak in authoritative tones, but yet are clueless. Note to Comcast CSR's: I'm not your subordinate, I'm more informed than you are, and if you can't fix something, keep your mouth shut.

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE RESOLVE THE ISSUE WITH THE BROADCAST OF ST. LOUIS CARDINALS GAMES ON THE PADUCAH KY SYSTEM?

Official Employee

Hello eelb53 - Our programming team is working on a potential deal for the television rights to offer many Cardinals games in Paducah again this year. The deal is still being negotiated.

Apologies for the delay, the confusion and the lack of information.

Once that deal is complete, we’ll be able to provide the list of all of the Cardinal's games that will be carried in Paducah this season.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Ted, Thank you very much for that information. Finally someone who know's what's going on. It has been the kept in the dark situation concerning these games that has been frustrating. This potluck, show the games whenever, hasn't cut it. All I want is a logical answer, and you have given me one. Thanks again.

Contributor

I will monitor this thread for future information concerning the contract resolution, and where to get a schedule. Knowing past history, the information isn't likely to be available anywhere else.

I don't know why a ticker can't be broadcast across channel 17, briefly explaining this situation. Might save some calls or posts on the forum here.

Official Employee

@eelb53 wrote:

I will monitor this thread for future information concerning the contract resolution, and where to get a schedule. Knowing past history, the information isn't likely to be available anywhere else.

I don't know why a ticker can't be broadcast across channel 17, briefly explaining this situation. Might save some calls or posts on the forum here.

The deal with Fox Sports South was actually finalized yesterday afternoon. Below are the Cardinal's games included as part of that agreement that are scheduled to be shown in Paducah. The games listed below will be on cable channel 17. I will work with the local system to be sure that the game schedule is more widely publicized.

Thanks for your patience.

Date

Opponent

Time (ET)

4/10

at Cincinnati Reds

7:00 PM

4/11

at Cincinnati Reds

12:30 PM

4/15

vs. Chicago Cubs

2:00 PM

4/17

vs. Cincinnati Reds

8:00 PM

4/20

at Pittsburgh Pirates

4/21

at Pittsburgh Pirates

4/22

at Pittsburgh Pirates

1:30 PM

4/23

at Chicago Cubs

4/27

vs. Milwaukee Brewers

4/29

vs. Milwaukee Brewers

5/4

at Houston Astros

5/5

at Houston Astros

5/6

at Houston Astros

5/11

vs. Atlanta Braves

5/12

vs. Atlanta Braves

5/13

vs. Atlanta Braves

5/28

at Atlanta Braves

1:00 PM

5/29

at Atlanta Braves

5/30

at Atlanta Braves

6/1

at New York Mets

6/2

at New York Mets

4:00 PM

6/3

at New York Mets

6/8

vs. Cleveland Indians

6/10

vs. Cleveland Indians

6/12

vs. Chicago White Sox

6/13

vs. Chicago White Sox

6/15

vs. Kansas City Royals

6/17

vs. Kansas City Royals

6/22

at Kansas City Royals

6/24

at Kansas City Royals

6/29

vs. Pittsburgh Pirates

6/30

vs. Pittsburgh Pirates

7/1

vs. Pittsburgh Pirates

7/6

vs. Miami Marlins

7/8

vs. Miami Marlins

7/13

at Cincinnati Reds

7/29

at Chicago Cubs

8/3

vs. Milwaukee Brewers

8/4

vs. Milwaukee Brewers

8/5

vs. Milwaukee Brewers

8/10

at Philadelphia Phillies

8/11

at Philadelphia Phillies

8/17

vs. Pittsburgh Pirates

8/18

vs. Pittsburgh Pirates

8/19

vs. Pittsburgh Pirates

8/24

at Cincinnati Reds

8/26

at Cincinnati Reds

8/30

at Washington Nationals

8/31

at Washington Nationals

9/1

at Washington Nationals

9/2

at Washington Nationals

9/7

vs. Milwaukee Brewers

9/8

vs. Milwaukee Brewers

9/9

vs. Milwaukee Brewers

9/14

at Los Angeles Dodgers

10:00 PM

9/15

at Los Angeles Dodgers

9:00 PM

9/16

at Los Angeles Dodgers

9/22

at Chicago Cubs

TBD

9/23

at Chicago Cubs

9/28

vs. Washington Nationals

9/29

vs. Washington Nationals

9/30

vs. Washington Nationals

10/3

vs. Cincinnati Reds

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Thanks again. Really appreciate the help.

Frequent Visitor

Any idea if this deal is finalized for 2013? Season starts on Monday.

Also, games on channel 17 are in SD. I remember the first game or two of 2012 were in HD on 17, but that was it. It would be great to be able to watch all games in HD.
Official Employee

@mizelly41 wrote:
Any idea if this deal is finalized for 2013? Season starts on Monday.

Also, games on channel 17 are in SD. I remember the first game or two of 2012 were in HD on 17, but that was it. It would be great to be able to watch all games in HD.

Yes, you should start to see the games starting Monday in Paducah:

SCHEDULE OF GAMES FOR 2013 MLB SEASON

Kentucky – Paducah

Date

Opponent

Central Time

4/1

at Arizona

4/2

at Arizona

8:30 PM

4/3

at Arizona

8:30 PM

4/5

at San Francisco

3:30 PM

4/7

at San Francisco

3:00 PM

4/9

Cincinnati

4/10

Cincinnati

4/12

Milwaukee

4/14

Milwaukee

4/15

at Pittsburgh

6:00 PM

4/16

at Pittsburgh

4/19

at Philadelphia

4/20

at Philadelphia

4/23

at Washington

4/26

Pittsburgh

4/27

Pittsburgh

4/28

Pittsburgh

5/3

at Milwaukee

5/5

at Milwaukee

5/10

Colorado

5/11

Colorado

5/12

Colorado

5/14

New York

5/17

Milwaukee

5/18

Milwaukee

5/19

Milwaukee

5/22

at San Diego

5/31

San Francisco

6/2

San Francisco

6/7

at Cincinnati

6/9

at Cincinnati

12:00 PM

6/14

at Miami

6/15

at Miami

6/16

at Miami

6/21

Texas

6/23

Texas

6/28

at Oakland

6/29

at Oakland

6/30

at Oakland

7/5

Miami

7/7

Miami

7/12

at Chicago

TBD

7/19

San Diego

7/21

San Diego

7/26

at Atlanta

6:30 PM

7/28

at Atlanta

8/2

at Cincinnati

8/4

at Cincinnati

8/9

Chicago

8/10

Chicago

8/16

at Chicago

TBD

8/17

at Chicago

8/18

at Chicago

TBD

8/22

Atlanta

8/23

Atlanta

8/24

Atlanta

8/25

Atlanta

8/30

at Pittsburgh

8/31

at Pittsburgh

9/1

at Pittsburgh

9/5

at Cincinnati

9/6

Pittsburgh

9/7

Pittsburgh

9/8

Pittsburgh

9/13

Seattle

9/14

Seattle

9/15

Seattle

9/21

at Milwaukee 

9/27

Chicago

9/28

Chicago     

9/29

Chicago

*Schedule subject to change

Frequent Visitor

Any idea about HD. The SD quality is pretty bad.
Frequent Visitor

In addition to the HD question, I have another question.  What channels will the games be on?  As the games start tonight, I checked channel 17.  This channel is no longer there.  Typing in 17 on the remote automatically sends it to 18.  Will they be shown on a different channel this year?

Frequent Visitor

No game tonight.  Nothing on Fox Sports and nothing on 17.  Actually channel 17 is no longer available...

ESPN is showing the game, but of course it is blacked out.

New Poster

I was told by a Comcast employee that the games will be on Channel 95 this year and not 17.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.

I have been checking 95 all night, but it has been black.

Frequent Visitor

It is the same here in Memphis.  I tuned in tonight hoping to see the Cardinals-Diamond Backs game.  Of couse it is blacked out on ESPN2. That is an MLB idiodic thing.  But in the past comcast in Memphis will pick up the FOX Sports Midwest broadcast ot the Cardinals game on either the FOX Sport South channel or the Sports South channel.  But not tonight.  It sure would be nice to know when we can see the Cardinals games in Memphis on COMCAST.  Also it is really frustrating talking with the customer service reps.  They have no clue and can't give you a straight answer to save thier lives.  What I don't understand is why COMCAST will not offer me FOX Sports Midwest.  I would pay a few dollars for it, especially during the summer.  No one can explain this to me.  If I was willing to become a UVERSE or DISH TV customer I could get FOX Sports Midwest with no issues.  Why won't COMCAST offer that channel to me here in Memphis.  It must be really frustrating for you in Paducah, being so close to St. Louis.  I really like COMCAST internet service but I may be done with them.  I am so tired of fighting with them every year just to watch Cardinal baseball.

New Poster

Hopefully it will be fixed by tonight???

Contributor

I don't know why we have to go through this at the start of every season, The frustrating thing is, that other than Ted in this thread, Comcast refuses to keep us informed on the matter. 

Official Employee

@eelb53 wrote:

I don't know why we have to go through this at the start of every season, The frustrating thing is, that other than Ted in this thread, Comcast refuses to keep us informed on the matter. 

I have an inquiry into the local Comcast KY team to find out the channel numbers and when the schedule above is expected to begin for Paducah. Thanks for your patience.

Contributor

I don't know why they can't put a banner on the respective channels explaining if there's a problem, with an expected date of solution. 

I don't understand the secrecy of the Cardinals game. We are bombarded on TV, internet, and mail with every other Comcast promotion. I would think the Cardinals games would be a selling point, for people who don't have cable, or have satellite because of the Carfinals. 

Last night, with the game not on TV, I listened to the game on an FM station out of Benton KY. The local cable system was advertising on the station, and part of the sales pitch was that they had Cardinals games, replete with the channel numbers. I assume the cable company pays for this advertising. And then we have Comcast in Paducah who won't even inform their current subscribers. 

The real answer is that Comcast's sports programming in the area, is steeped in the deep south. Paducah is an outlier with a midwest subscribership of Cardinals fans, who in the overall scheme of things, represent an insignificant number of subscribers for Comcast to care about. The Atlanta Braves are on autopilot throughout the Comcast southern territory, and any part of the region that is not in Braves territory, has to jump through hoops to get the games they are legally entitled to according to MLB territorial rules. 

Contributor

Bingo! Tonight's game is on Channel 95, pre-game show just started. I assume 95 is the channel of choice this season. The annual Comcast Easter egg hunt for Cardinals games is over. Who wants to wager we'll be back here next season with the same problem? 

Frequent Visitor

I'm sure we will be back here next year.  Thanks to ComcastTeds for all of the help and information.  Now if we could just get channel 95 in HD.

Why not make 17 SD and 95 HD?

Official Employee

Channel 95 is the new location for these games in your area, glad you found the channel location.

We don't have currently plans to offer these games in HD this year.

Frequent Visitor

Any updates on the upcoming baseball season?

Any chance for HD this year?
Official Employee

@mizelly41 wrote:
Any updates on the upcoming baseball season?

Any chance for HD this year?

Checking on that now. Once I get the answer I will certainly post that information here. Thanks!  

Regular Visitor

Thanks for checking into it for us ComcastTeds!

Regular Visitor

Any news on the cardinals games?

Contributor

It's Friday, and season starts Monday. Cardinals game is on ESPN, but also FS Midwest, which means ESPN will be blacked out in this area. Game is not shown on schedule for FS Tennessee, which means it should be on Channel 95, or whatever channel Comcast pulls out of their hat this season.

As usual, nothing whatsoever on Comcast scheduling plans for this season.

Frequent Visitor

I think a year or two ago, the Paducah Sun had an announcement in the paper about the Cardinals games on Comcast.

I emailed them yesterday, but they have not replied yet. Probably won't until tomorrow.
Contributor

I see there's a test pattern up on channel 95, so maybe that's good news. It's usually a blank screen.

Frequent Visitor

Game is on Fox Sports South today (401). Hopefully they are all on FSS so they will all be on in HD.
We will see I guess.
Official Employee

@eelb53 wrote:

It's Friday, and season starts Monday. Cardinals game is on ESPN, but also FS Midwest, which means ESPN will be blacked out in this area. Game is not shown on schedule for FS Tennessee, which means it should be on Channel 95, or whatever channel Comcast pulls out of their hat this season.

Apologies for the delay in responding. 

Our corporate and regional teams are still reviewing the contract and contract terms. We expect to have an announcement and provide the list of available games for this season shortly.

I will list that information here once the contact is approved. I appreciate your patience. 

Games will be on channel 95. 

The first game scheduled for this channel is April 4 (pending the final signed contract).  

There are additional Cardinals' games provided on ESPN, MLB Network, Fox Sports1 and Fox; schedule below: 

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast/index.jsp?c_id=stl

New Poster

Every year I look for Cardinal games here in Paducah. Every year Comcast does the single worst job of any company I have ever seen in my life with something that is simple. No one knows why or can give us an answer locally. If I could buy the games on MLB I would but I'm listed as blacked out because supposedly Comcast provides these games. I'm starting a FB to organize other customers who have had enough.
Frequent Visitor

No game on Fox Sports South and no game on 95.

Looks like I will be checking on Dish or DirectTV tomorrow.  At least I would be able to watch in HD.

I agree Brian.  It is rediculous.  We are supposed to receive these game due to the location, but every year we have to worry about it.  Then each night we have to worry about if it will be on, what channel, HD or SD.

To be honest, I am not sure how they can get away with this in the area because of the amount of Cardinals fans.

Contributor

Different year, same story. Fortunately, looks like rain will wipe out tonight's and possibly tomorrow's game in Cinncinati.

Comcast Ted: The ESPN and FOX1 games are only available if those networks have exclusivity. Which is Sunday night for ESPN and Saturday for FOX/FOX1. Otherwise, the games are blacked out in Cardinals territory, and an alternative game is shown. 

Contributor

The trouble going with Direct TV or Dish, is they're not immune to getting into contract squabbles with FSMW either. I went through this with Direct TV and Blues games some years back. Fortunately, the NHL's blackout rules aren't as restrictive as MLB's, and I can get the internet streaming package.

New Poster

No game televised again last night. I even searched the usual suspect of channels after the rain delay. Nothing. Probably a good thing because when a game does have a rain delay and you actually do your jobs and show it, it will get cut off before the end of the game since the start time changed. My FB page cardinal games not airing on Paducah Comcast is starting to grow. Sad paying customers will have to resort to organizing to get someone to fix this. I believe a petition to the Cardinals is in order.
Official Employee

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@eelb53 wrote:

Apologies for the delay in responding. 

Our corporate and regional teams are still reviewing the contract and contract terms. We expect to have an announcement and provide the list of available games for this season shortly.

I will list that information here once the contact is approved. I appreciate your patience. 

Games will be on channel 95. 

The first game scheduled for this channel is April 4 (pending the final signed contract).  

There are additional Cardinals' games provided on ESPN, MLB Network, Fox Sports1 and Fox; schedule below: 

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast/index.jsp?c_id=stl

As mentioned above, selected games will be scheduled from Fox Sports MidWest on Channel 95 in SD as posted above.

There is currently not a HD channel for these games. Schedules are subject to change. These games listed below are in addition to any nationally televised games normally seen in this area.  

The games will be available to customers with our Digital Starter package and above.

Thanks for your patience. 

SCHEDULE OF GAMES FOR 2014 MLB SEASON*

Kentucky – Paducah

Date

Opponent

Eastern Time

4/4

at Pittsburgh

4/5

at Pittsburgh

4/6

at Pittsburgh

4/11

Chicago Cubs

4/13

Chicago Cubs

4/14

at Milwaukee

4/18

at Washington

4/19

at Washington

4/20

at Washington

4/25

Pittsburgh

4/26

Pittsburgh

4/27

Pittsburgh

5/5

at Atlanta

5/6

at Atlanta

5/7

at Atlanta

5/9

at Pittsburgh

5/10

at Pittsburgh

5/16

Atlanta

5/17

Atlanta

5/18

Atlanta

5/30

San Francisco

6/1

San Francisco

6/6

at Toronto

6/8

at Toronto

6/13

Washington

6/15

Washington

6/20

Philadelphia

6/22

Philadelphia

6/27

at Los Angeles

10:00 PM

6/29

at Los Angeles

7/4

Miami

7/6

Miami

7/11

at Milwaukee

7/13

at Milwaukee

7/18

Los Angeles

7/19

Los Angeles

7/25

at Chicago Cubs

7/26

at Chicago Cubs

7/27

at Chicago Cubs

8/1

Milwaukee

8/2

Milwaukee

8/3

Milwaukee

8/8

at Baltimore

8/9

at Baltimore

8/10

at Baltimore

8/15

San Diego

8/17

San Diego

8/22

at Philadelphia

8/24

at Philadelphia

8/29

Chicago Cubs

8/30

Chicago Cubs

8/31

Chicago Cubs

9/5

at Milwaukee

9/7

at Milwaukee

9/12

Colorado

9/14

Colorado

9/19

Cincinnati

9/26

at Arizona 

9:30 PM

9/28

at Arizona

Contributor

Thanks Ted for your help with this matter. 

New Poster

thank you ,Thank you, Thank you!!!!

New Poster

Wish there was some way of communicating this info to all Paducah Comcast viewers. Thanks again Ted. You are the best. 

Contributor

Here we go again, 5/6 at Atlanta. No go on 95 as scheduled. Nothing on FS South or any of the ESPN channels either. 

Official Employee

@eelb53 wrote:

Here we go again, 5/6 at Atlanta. No go on 95 as scheduled. Nothing on FS South or any of the ESPN channels either. 

Apologies, I have an inquiry in to our Kentucky team to see what happened here. 

New Poster

Is there any way that we can possibly get fox Midwest on our system?
Regular Visitor

Any news yet on the games for this year?

Official Employee

@CardinalFan1 wrote:

Any news yet on the games for this year?

Checking now, thanks for the reminder. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks ComcastTeds. Let us know when you find out something.