Community Forum

Spanish text on the program menu when changing channels

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Spanish text on the program menu when changing channels

Getting Spanish text on the program menu that pops up when changing channels.  Also, the Video Interruption - code 225 is showing up again and also the voice activation is on Poppy Cat - NBC.  A tech was out last weekend and made some adjustments but the message is again showing up.

Official Employee

Re: Spanish text on the program menu when changing channels

GoldDustDodge wrote:

Getting Spanish text on the program menu that pops up when changing channels.  Also, the Video Interruption - code 225 is showing up again and also the voice activation is on Poppy Cat - NBC.  A tech was out last weekend and made some adjustments but the message is again showing up.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

For the audio issue on your DTA device;  If your remote control has a LANG button on it, press it. 

For the Spanish language guide text issue on your DTA, check the Setup menu; 

Highlight the option to be changed and press ENTER key (or 5 key) to select it.
User experience of the DTA On-Screen Guide Setup screen with 4 options in center screen.

Then press the ENTER key (or 5 key) to toggle to the desired option:
User experience of the DTA On-Screen Guide Setup screen. Guide Text Language option is highlighted center screen.

Audio Setup

Choose your preferred settings for the best audio experience (English or Spanish).
Note: If the channel you are tuned to has more than one audio track available for a particular program, available options may be displayed.
DTA On-Screen Guide Audio Setup screen listing language options.  This particular option has: ENG-1, ENG-2, SPA (Spanish), LANG-4, ENG-3, LANG-6, LANG-7, and MONKEY.

More details here:  

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/dta-on-screen-guide#Audio_Setup

http://cdn.comcast.com/~/Media/ImageLibrary/Vanity/Miscellaneous-Landing-Pages/Tabbed-Content/Digita...

Thanks for your patience.

Administrator

GoldDustDodge wrote:

The 225 can be signal related, I have sent you a private message. When you get a chance please review it.   -FC

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Comcast Teds for helping with the Spanish text issue.  Got that fixed.  Have no idea how the change was made from English to Spanish.  Now it is in English.

New Poster

How do u change text from Spanish to English on regular xfinity not x1
New Poster

ComcastTeds wrote:

GoldDustDodge wrote:

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

For the audio issue on your DTA device;  If your remote control has a LANG button on it, press it.

What about those of us without DTA's? I have a freind whose text is stuck on spanish. I was able to get audio back to english tho.

Ty

Official Employee

tomj65 wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

GoldDustDodge wrote:

What about those of us without DTA's? I have a freind whose text is stuck on spanish. I was able to get audio back to english tho.

Ty

below should assist for non-X1 and non-DTA devices, 

Press the Menu button twice on the Comcast remote control, select Setup, then Text Language Setup, then choose English.