Community Forum

Soundbar

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Soundbar

How do I get my soundbar connected to Xi with the new voice remote

New Poster

Soundbar

How do you get your soundbar to work ?

New Poster

using my soundbar

Expert

Re: Soundbar

Mypurrogative wrote:

How do I get my soundbar connected to Xi with the new voice remote

press the A button and select remote setup.

edit: I moved all your duplicates to this thread.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: using my soundbar

This may help: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

You could always have Comcast send a tech out to help you...

Mypurrogative wrote:

Contributor

For those who have a Polk 3000 soundbar, it is relatively easy to pair the soundbar to your XR11 remote for Volume and Muting by using Polk's instructions; i.e., press and hold the "Learn" button, then tap the control you want to pair, hold the remote within a couple of feet of the soundbar and press the remote's control for that soundbar control 4 times. This works for volume UP, volume DOWN, and MUTE. However, it does NOT work for the power button. The problem: The old Comcast remotes had INDIVIDUAL power buttons in addition to the "All On" button. To pair the soundbar power button to that old remote's "All On" button, you could NOT use the All On remote button; you had to use the "Power" button. The X1 remote does not have a "Power" button, only TV and ALL POWER. You CANNOT pair the All Power remote button to the soundbar's power button. So after you've paired the other buttons using Polk's procedure, you have to do a factory re-pairing: Hold down the Setup button until the remote LED turns green, then hit 9-8-1. Go thru the process of pairing the TV, after which it will ask if you want to pair your audio. Answer "yes". It will then ask you to spell the brand name. After that, it will give you a code to enter. The first one it provided for my Polk 3000 didn't work, so I went thru the process again and selected the 2nd code -- 31972. THAT WORKED! So I now have both a TV and a soundbar that turn off and on with the remote as well as responding to all other remote commands.

Hope this is helpful to some customers.

Tags (2)
Valued Contributor

I have the XR11 voice remote, and just got the Polk MagnifiMax SR soundbar.  I set up the Comcast remote with the three digit pair code for RF, then moved on to the Sony TV which set up fine, then the third step was a code for the Polk.  The first number listed did not work, and among the 9 listed, I found two codes (32270 and 334209) that work the Mute on the Polk and the Vol (up/down) on the Polk. 

However, the power on the Polk and the TV go off when the all power button is pressed, but then the Polk comes back on.  I think the Bravia sync (CEC) has something to do with putting out this stray command.  

At the moment, I have to use the Polk remote to power the soundbar off.  So...  I guess that should be the worst thing that could happen.  Smiley Happy

front.JPG
rear.JPG