Community Forum

Sound levels lower than usual

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Sound levels lower than usual

Today it seems like every channel has a lower sound level than before.  I used to have my TV around 11, but now it needs to be closer to 20. I have checked all settings on both the box and tv and they look okay.  Did Comcast change something on their end?  Anybody else notice a difference?

Expert

Re: Sound levels lower than usual

@jth182 wrote:

Today it seems like every channel has a lower sound level than before.  I used to have my TV around 11, but now it needs to be closer to 20. I have checked all settings on both the box and tv and they look okay.  Did Comcast change something on their end?  Anybody else notice a difference?

the volume levels are set and not adjustable until you are playing back the sound as the video/audio/captions/SAP etc are all done  at the point of production. Comcast has no way or tool to adjust volume levels (modern set top boxes)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

So there's no way they could have changed something in the nightly update?  So either every station decided to lower their levels, or my TVs speakers are out putting less than yesterday?

Expert

@jth182 wrote:

So there's no way they could have changed something in the nightly update?  So either every station decided to lower their levels, or my TVs speakers are out putting less than yesterday?

the TV may have received an update? or if connected to an AVR, an update there? or perhaps the TV menu for sound profile has a setting that updates the sound levels?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!