Community Forum

Sound but NO Picture on TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Sound but NO Picture on TV

Woke up to the comcast box saying BOOT, Unplug the box and rebooted now there is Sound but No Picture. Rebooted and Refreshed over 10 times. Please Help!!

Expert

Re: Sound but NO Picture on TV

@bluebyu66 wrote:

Woke up to the comcast box saying BOOT, Unplug the box and rebooted now there is Sound but No Picture. Rebooted and Refreshed over 10 times. Please Help!!

the sound and video is delivered normally by the HDMI cable. do you have your audio going to the TV via a digital cable? did you check your AVR if you run the cable box through an AVR?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your Reply!! Yes I have HDMI, Don't know what AVR is.. If I use a flashlight you can see the picture.. I am thinking maybe its the TV and not the box..

Expert

@bluebyu66 wrote:

Thanks for your Reply!! Yes I have HDMI, Don't know what AVR is.. If I use a flashlight you can see the picture.. I am thinking maybe its the TV and not the box..

try a full power unplug from the TV for 3 minutes and plug back in. did it restore the picture? AVR is your receiver (audio) that enables advanced sound decoding.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I did that a few times.. Seems funny that its been a few weeks with this new comcast box and it has been nothing but trouble.. Constanly having to reboot and now my TV doesn't work..Thanks for your helpSmiley Happy

Silver Problem Solver

Sounds like you need a tech visit; call 1800comcast and ask them to check your system.

Which X1 box do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Frequent Visitor

If only comcast had a tech worth calling...lol.. No Thanks!!