Community Forum

Sound bar not working after X1 swap

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Sound bar not working after X1 swap

Swapped X1 receiver today and now my soundbar isn't working.   X1 receiver recognized the sound bar during set up and X1 voice remote is controlling the soundbar.  Just no sound.  All hook ups are the same as before (HDMI to TV and then optical cable from TV to soundbar) 

help please!!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Sound bar not working after X1 swap

southman200 wrote:

Swapped X1 receiver today and now my soundbar isn't working.   X1 receiver recognized the sound bar during set up and X1 voice remote is controlling the soundbar.  Just no sound.  All hook ups are the same as before (HDMI to TV and then optical cable from TV to soundbar) 

help please!!!

Try going through the setup again.  

1. Make sure the remote batteries are installed and your TV and TV Box are powered on.
  2. Set the TV input to the input connected to the TV Box.
  3. Press the Setup button on your remote until the LED at the top changes from red to green.
  4. Press the xfinity button on the remote. The LED will begin flashing green. (Note: When pairing an XR2 or XR5 remote to a DTA, you may need to press the xfinity button up to five times).
  5. Follow the instructions by entering the three-digit, on-screen pairing code.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver

Optical cables are delicate and flimsy. Make sure your optical cable is good and the connections are secure.

southman200 wrote:

help please!!!

New Poster

Thanks but that's not the problem.  I've already paired the remote to the round bar.  Power and volume control are working.  Problem is there is no sound coming out of the sound bar.  Soundbar worked fine this morning on the old X1 receiver.  But the receiver was having problems so I swapped it out for a new one.  Straight swap and now no sound.  

Gold Problem Solver

New box could be defective...
Gold Problem Solver

Do the TVs speakers work with the new cable box?

Do your other sources work with the sound bar?

Is the sound bar on the correct input?
Official Employee

Did you cycle through the sound bar inputs? 

Are you getting sound out of the tv speakers? If yes, it's not the box.