Community Forum

Some episodes of The Wire won't play online

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Some episodes of The Wire won't play online

I have all the seasons of "The Wire" in my watchlist.  Sometimes, when I go to play one, it won't load.  The HBO pre-video plays, and then when it gets to the part where the video should start, the video goes black.  I noticed in the timing bar at the bottom that the "episode" only runs for 7 seconds.  It is always 7 seconds.  So far, there are several episodes in Season 3 that aren't working and it is really putting a damper on the story because I have to skip episodes.  Also, if I try to reload, it says that I have reached the max number of three devices.  To get this to go away, I have to SHUT DOWN my whole computer, and restart it.  But that still won't resolve the episodes not playing.  The episodes that aren't working (so far) are:

"Storm Warnings" Season 2, episode 10

"Homecoming" Season 3, episode 6

"Slapstick" Season 3, episode 9

"Reformation" Season 3, episode 10

"Middle Ground" Season 3, episode 11

This problem has been going on for more that just today.  I am just curious what we are spending all this money on if we can't have access to what is offered.  My settings are fine, my updates are loaded, my internet connection is fine, etc etc etc.  Help, please.  My level of annoyance with this is high.