Community Forum

Snooze on Parental Controls

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Snooze on Parental Controls

Why isnt the parent control pin required to snooze the parental control pin??? My kids figured this out and they snooze the parental controls whenever they feel like it and watch anything R rated they want!! This seems like such an obvious flaw! It's great that you can snooze the parental controls for a few hours if you are going to be binge watching mature shows but it is reasonable to enter the pin code 1 time to activate the snooze!!! Please fix this ASAP!

Expert

Re: Snooze on Parental Controls

jensoccermom wrote:

Why isnt the parent control pin required to snooze the parental control pin??? My kids figured this out and they snooze the parental controls whenever they feel like it and watch anything R rated they want!! This seems like such an obvious flaw! It's great that you can snooze the parental controls for a few hours if you are going to be binge watching mature shows but it is reasonable to enter the pin code 1 time to activate the snooze!!! Please fix this ASAP!

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Highlighted
Administrator

@jensoccermom,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are happy to investigate this further. Now typically in order to snooze the Parental Control PIN, you must first input the Parental Control PIN. Can you confirm that you are receiving the option to enter the Parental Control PIN when attempting to snooze that PIN?

If you are getting the correct prompt, then you may want to change your PIN as your children may have access to it if they are inputting it to snooze that PIN.

If you are not getting the prompt would you mind posting pictures of what you are seeing when you attempt to snooze that PIN?

This will help us to understand fully where they issue may be. 

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

You were right! My bad. My crafty teens figured out the parent control code. I have now changed it. Sorry for the query!