Community Forum

Silverlight Crashing

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Silverlight Crashing

Every time I try to watch a video on here, regardless of which show or movie it is, it plays for about three seconds before I get an error message saying the Silverlight plug-in has crashed. This happens in every browser I have, be it Chrome, IE, or Firefox. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the version of Silverlight available through Xfinity multiple times on each browser, but it does nothing to help the situation. I am able to use Silverlight without issue on every other website-- it's just here that I have a problem.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Silverlight Crashing

kpamnani wrote:

Every time I try to watch a video on here, regardless of which show or movie it is, it plays for about three seconds before I get an error message saying the Silverlight plug-in has crashed. This happens in every browser I have, be it Chrome, IE, or Firefox. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the version of Silverlight available through Xfinity multiple times on each browser, but it does nothing to help the situation. I am able to use Silverlight without issue on every other website-- it's just here that I have a problem.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Poster

I am having the same problem. Videos have been working just fine. Watching netflix, hulu, xfinity, whatever.

Try to watch Duck Dynasty and boom silverlight crashes. Multiple browsers. I was told to upgrade Silverlight and did. I tried version 4, I tried the special xfinity version, Ieven tried the special link for the 32 bit download that many people said worked. I have not had any issues before this. Video will play 1-3 seconds and craps out. Other tv shows working fine. It seems like you guys have been dealing with this issue for a year now. Why wouldn't you drop silverlight for something more reliable. Is there any realistic hope for a fix, or am I reduced to watching this on my phone?

Official Employee

CMatador137 wrote:

I am having the same problem. Videos have been working just fine. Watching netflix, hulu, xfinity, whatever.

Try to watch Duck Dynasty and boom silverlight crashes. Multiple browsers. I was told to upgrade Silverlight and did. I tried version 4, I tried the special xfinity version, Ieven tried the special link for the 32 bit download that many people said worked. I have not had any issues before this. Video will play 1-3 seconds and craps out. Other tv shows working fine. It seems like you guys have been dealing with this issue for a year now. Why wouldn't you drop silverlight for something more reliable. Is there any realistic hope for a fix, or am I reduced to watching this on my phone?

Is it happening to you on all Duck Dynasty episodes? I ask because Duck Dynasty uses Adobe Flash Player. When it crashes is your browser telling you that it crashed because of Silverlight?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support