Community Forum

Showtime free weekend stopped working

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Showtime free weekend stopped working

I was watching online episodes of Weeds successfully earlier today, but now I can't play any of the Showtime content.  It keeps telling me subscription required.  What gives?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Showtime free weekend stopped working

I'm having the same problem! Was halfway through S1 of Homeland! Watched an episode this morning, went to the gym, came back and now they want me to pay for a subscription. The deal says Free Showtime "through" the 8th. Not happy!

Silver Problem Solver

see if it works on your computer.  maybe they pulled the plug early. 

New Poster

I'm on the phone with Comcast now, and they don't know what the problem is because it is supposed to run until tonight at 11:59pm. So they sent a signal to the box, and told me to wait a half hour, and if it doesn't come  back on, then to call again. So I'm pretty sure I'm just screwed, because I'm not going to waste my entire Sunday on the phone with Comcast. Thaaaanks alot, Comcast. 

New Poster

I just got off the phone with them they reset my box and told me it may not come back even though it is supposed to go on until 1159pm.  also they told me if it doesn't come back that there is nothing that they could do.  aren't you the cable company?  bullsh*t!

Silver Problem Solver

the free preview ended at 12.00 eastern. 

New Poster

I had 3 months of Showtime for free starting the first week in January. Now it's not working. I can get the Showtime channels but not Showtime on Demand. They "hit" by boxes and when that didn't work, they sent out a service man. He said there was nothing he could do.

I WISH there was an alternative to Comcast---I am so sick of dealing with them!!

Official Employee

hbrock10 wrote:

I had 3 months of Showtime for free starting the first week in January. Now it's not working. I can get the Showtime channels but not Showtime on Demand. They "hit" by boxes and when that didn't work, they sent out a service man. He said there was nothing he could do.

I WISH there was an alternative to Comcast---I am so sick of dealing with them!!

Show the Showtime channels are working but Showtime On Demand is not. What about at Xfinitytv.com? Are the videos working?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Videos are working at this moment. That is hit or miss.

Official Employee

hbrock10 wrote:

Videos are working at this moment. That is hit or miss.

Starting around 1/16/12 12:30 EST, we experiencing issues where customers were seeing orange keys on all videos even if they had a subscription to that channel.

This issue is now resolved.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you are still having issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe