Community Forum

Show On Demand Getting Cut Off By Commercials

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Show On Demand Getting Cut Off By Commercials

Hi,

I was trying to watch the most recent episode of Sons of Anarchy on demand today.  In the middle of the scene before the commercials each time, the show was cut off mid-scene for the commercials.  When it returned, it came back to the next scene, thereby skipping part of the episode. This is extremely frustrating; I even missed the end of the episode.

New Poster

Re: Show On Demand Getting Cut Off By Commercials

Yes!!! My husband and I are also trying to watch and are having the same problem-missed four scenes so far-so very frustrating :-/
New Poster

Same issue here, extremely frustrating!!! I don't pay over $250 a month to have issues like this!!
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Post removed for forum violation, nanny. Read the posting guidelines before trying to be creative.

New Poster

So, do you know why the commercials keep cutting in early?

New Poster

Had the very same problem, very same show, 2 days ago. Without warning, a commercial will suddenly appear mid-scene (mid-dialogue even), and the show will then resume well past where it left off. It appears the ads are cutting in before they're supposed to, overwriting up to 60 seconds of show that would normally make up the end of each segment.

I rely on OnDemand to keep caught up with this and many other shows. I'm willing to accept the lack of FF as a necessary evil, but "blacking out" entire parts of the show essentially renders OnDemand useless, which I have a hard time believing Comcast would do for the sake of a few extra ads.

Please tell me there's a fix for this...

New Poster

Yes same problem with the same show I PAY for comcast theirfor I should not be subjected to this.Its part of the reson we PAY to avoind commericals and to cut mid scene is even worse.If it was free i could understand more but we are PAYing for this service and this is wrong on their part.

New Poster

Thanks for being creative and snarky and moving that post when we really wanted an answer to the OP's question. Comcast at its finest. 

Official Employee
Moved: