Community Forum

Setting up

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Setting up

ok, thanks guys.  Running a long cable isn't practical because of the layout of the house.  A couple of the doorways are arches that don't have frames to conceal the cable.  I'll try the local store and see if they have the equipment I'll need.  AND try to convince the owners that putting an outlet in the family room would be a good thing.  

Official Employee

@Auntbarb wrote:

What do I do if the coax outlet and the TV are in different rooms?  I’ve just moved into a rental where I’m not allowed to drill holes in the walls to install a new outlet. 

Since you only have a dvr, you'll have to run a longer piece of coax from one room to the other

Expert

@Auntbarb wrote:

What do I do if the coax outlet and the TV are in different rooms?  I’ve just moved into a rental where I’m not allowed to drill holes in the walls to install a new outlet. 

It really depends upon your layout and needed equipment. If you are using a Comcast modem and have at least one DVR or XG2 there is a wireless set top box (xi5) that is available. It is not a stand alone set top box and it needs a DVR or XG2 to operate.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Setting up