Community Forum

Setting my Favorites as the default guide

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Setting my Favorites as the default guide

Is there a way to set my Favorite channels as my default guide in X1?  As every time I hit guide, it goes back to the HD Channels guide, but all I want to see is my Favorite channels guide that I created.  Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Setting my Favorites as the default guide

AC99 wrote:

Is there a way to set my Favorite channels as my default guide in X1?  As every time I hit guide, it goes back to the HD Channels guide, but all I want to see is my Favorite channels guide that I created.  Thanks.

The feature to enable your Favorites as your Guide of choice is currently rolling out... to see if  you have this already, go into Settings>>>>Comcast Labs>>>>Default Guide View.... this is where you can select which guide you wish as your default.,

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

New Poster

when will the ability to set default channel views become widely available? It's not in my settings.

My remote defaults to HD channels and won't allow me to key on channels, or speak them, until I go into guide and choose All Channels. It's a pain.

Silver Problem Solver

Settings/Preferences/General

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Almost two years later and the Default Guide View option is still not in Settings>>>>Comcast Labs.

I've called Comcast about this. I've sent messages. I've tried to get this working for years and nothing has been done.

Official Employee

Probably because it’s not in Comcast Labs
Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Preferences to General to Default Guide View, press ok and choose your guide view