Community Forum

Set top box/remote control issue

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Set top box/remote control issue

I have two TV's.  The one with the larger box works fine.  A few days ago, the TV with the small box developed a problem.  When the TV is turned on, a menu "Select a Language" appears. The remote "OK" button when pushed, will not select a language. The remote will turn the TV on or off, the "Input" button works, but no other key on the remote works.  I've unpluged the small box several times, and also tried unpluging the large box, but neither fixed the problem.  I also did a online "refresh", and that didn't work either.  Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: Set top box/remote control issue

@ze wrote:

I have two TV's.  The one with the larger box works fine.  A few days ago, the TV with the small box developed a problem.  When the TV is turned on, a menu "Select a Language" appears. The remote "OK" button when pushed, will not select a language. The remote will turn the TV on or off, the "Input" button works, but no other key on the remote works.  I've unpluged the small box several times, and also tried unpluging the large box, but neither fixed the problem.  I also did a online "refresh", and that didn't work either.  Any suggestions?

Clear the pairing code, press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green and press 987

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Set top box/remote control issue

Yes, that fixed the problem!

Thanks a bunch!!!