Community Forum

Service still out in Balto Co

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Service still out in Balto Co

Not sure what is going on but I know the storm did not knock my comcast service out. It was well after the storm had passed that my services stopped working and haven't worked since.

I was told it would be resolved by Sunday at 9pm.

Shocker, it's still not working.

Have been on the phone with customer service multiple times with no resolution or detail of where the issue lies.

What is the deal Comcast?

New Poster

Re: Service still out in Balto Co

Same problem in Howard County.  I never lost electricty but comcast went down Sunday morning and had not been back up.  We can't seem to get any information on what is going on.

New Poster

Same story in Harford Co. except my power is also still out. I had tv hooked up to generator Sunday morning,than cable stopped working around 8:30am.

Regular Visitor

Same story in N. Baltimore County and COMCAST cant tell me anythign about an up-time when I call.  Very disappointing service. 

New Poster

Same problem in Harford County.  Called when it first went out yesterday around 1pm...was told wait 20 minutes...called 4 hours later and was told it would be fixed before midnight.  Called this morning as was told there was an outage..no ETA.  Comcast has lost me as a customer..Verizon has a new customer!

New Poster

I wonder if anyone at Comcat is reading our complaints or even cares...as long as they get paid!

Regular Visitor

Same problem in Prince George's county - at least in the Bowie area.  Power went out briefly, but is fine now.  No cable since early AM Sunday.

New Poster

I'd bet paycheck to paycheck they don't care how upset we are...they are still getting payed for their 1970's infrastructure!
New Poster

I'd jump ship but they have a monopoly on my area...I'm a hostage if I want more than 4 tv stations
Frequent Visitor

Same problem for us in Montgomery County. We never lost power yet have been without Internet and cable tv since Sunday morning around 9am.

Was just told that there are no outages in our area. They also said they were not aware of any other problems in our entire zip code (we're somewhat close to the Howard county line). Having talked to many neighbors, our ENTIRE community is having the same exact problem. Whenever anyone actually gets through to a human they are forced to schedule an appointment despite the fact that it appears to be a widespread problem in our area.

Both myself and the other neighbors I've talked to have all scheduled appointments for tomorrow but I thought it would be worthwhile to share. Comcast may not even be aware of our problems contrary to what their handy dandy catchall excuse of a hurricane preparedness website tells us.

New Poster

No internet in the Owings Mills area since Sunday.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any notification at anytime -  even an email would be nice - with the assumption that people would at least get it on their smartphones or at work.

-t

Regular Visitor

Email repeatedly all of our State Reps, our Senate and House Reps, the Governor and all the local TV stations (who have lost 10,000's of viewers over these days, as have their advertisers!) - someone with media exposure and authority needs to look into this for us.   COMCAST is a public service company with a Federal state license to do business in MD.