Community Forum

Service still out in Abington/no help

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Service still out in Abington/no help

Service still out in Abington, PA...can't get ANYONE on the phone to give any details as to when the problem may be fixed...phone/internet/cable all out with NO response....i understand there was a storm, but customer service could at least be better!!!

New Poster

Re: Service still out in Abington/no help

Comcast sucks. I doubt it is local. Someone forgot to fill a generator. BAD SERVICE.
New Poster

I Live in New Jersey. The cable's been out over 2 day's. You call customer service, after an EXTREMELY LONG wait, you finally speak to some cluless REP. they give you the brush off. No information as to what's wrong, when it will be fixed, NOTHING!! Last time I called I was on hold over 20 minutes, then disconnected. HORRIBLE JOB COMCAST......

New Poster

Service still out in Western Mass

Comcast is a shimmering example of corporate indifference to the customer.  It wouldn't take much effort to publicize the kinds of repairs they need to make and an estimate of how long it might take.  But they know they don't need to.  Why spend money on taking decent care of their customers?  Once they had a legislated monopoly, once their lobyists paid off the politicians, the world was safe for them to simply run a shoddy operation with impunity.  No need to even staff up to handle the emergency.  Two hapless guys with trucks can fix the eastern seaboard eventually.  Meanwhile they hide behind the firewall so nobody can reach them.  Of course the luckiest customers depend on them for internet, cable tv and phone so they are truly screwed.  Let isolation prevail.  Great job half-wits.  

Problem Solver

Re: Service still out in Western Mass

http://www.comcast.com/hurricaneseason/

Comcast is Working to Restore Services After Hurricane Irene

We are continuing to work closely with state and local emergency personnel and power companies, and our crews will be working around-the-clock in impacted areas once provided clearance that it's safe to do so.

Regular Visitor

Its the same in Baltimore County, no service here since Sunday early AM. I just called Comcast again (6th time) and still they can offer no information at all on when this will get fixed. And when it does, WE have to call THEM to get a credit on our next bill and tell them the days we have been without service.  I'm now seriously looking into my FIOS and DIRECT TV options and going to Verizon DSL for Internet, while it may be slower it is working today.

Problem Solver

@jsnogra wrote:

And when it does, WE have to call THEM to get a credit on our next bill and tell them the days we have been without service. 

Pretty sure you would also need to call DirecTv, Verizon or Dish Network as well to let them know that you wanted credit for the  number of days you did not have service.

Frequent Visitor

I called Verizon late Monday night and got DSL Tuesday morning! Very fast and thank goodness I got Internet again
New Poster

Service was restored in our area yesterday - so it wasn't that bad - only a 2-day outage.  But I still think Comcast should improve their setup for customer contact - a live human voice informed with a few actual pertinent facts would be a lot better.       

Problem Solver

Make sure you call 1-800-COMCAST to get credit for the time you were without service.

rbjs wrote:

Service was restored in our area yesterday - so it wasn't that bad - only a 2-day outage.  But I still think Comcast should improve their setup for customer contact - a live human voice informed with a few actual pertinent facts would be a lot better.       

New Poster

agreed

all I wanted to know is what was happening

New Poster

The issue really wasn't so much the service being out, that could be understood, considering the storm. The issue was the brutal customer service Comcast provided.They provided no information, unacceptable waiting times to get thru to customer service. I to am now looking into Direct TV. and verizon Fios. BAD JOB COMCAST, you dropped the ball big time and it will not be forgotten.

New Poster

Just a follow up. Finally got a tech. to come out and fix my cable box which was damaged during the storm. After having no cable or internet for three days. Comcast applied a $6.60 credit for the time my cable was out and then proceeded to charge me $26.60 for a service call. WHAT GALL, Can they actually get away with this?

Problem Solver

@tommyamet wrote:

Just a follow up. Finally got a tech. to come out and fix my cable box which was damaged during the storm. After having no cable or internet for three days. Comcast applied a $6.60 credit for the time my cable was out and then proceeded to charge me $26.60 for a service call. WHAT GALL, Can they actually get away with this?

You should call and ask about the possibility of getting the service call charge removed. 1-800-COMCAST.