Community Forum

Service Interruptions

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Service Interruptions

Did anyone else lose service today?

New Poster

Re: Service Interruptions

I lost service today...again.  Ive tried everthing and cannot reach anyone at comcast/xfinity.  This is the 4th time since April 21,2018 that I have had to call for service.  Im paying for a service I dont even have half of the time.  So frustrated!!!

New Poster

My service is out on my cable and cannot reach Comcast by phone. Any ideas what is going on?

New Poster

I’ve been experiencing an outage for a while in NW Philly
Problem Solver

Cable TV Service Out in South Western Pennsylvania since 11 am, still out at 2 pm.
Internet is fine. Can't call Comcast recording says they can't answer due to heavy call volume.
Must be a MASSIVE OUTAGE.

I also can't watch TV on my computer, I get the following message.
comcast out.png

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A major outage is affecting Comcast customers nationwide, including in the Philadelphia market.The outage is primarily affecting Comcast cable service, but telephone and internet services are also affected in some areas. Comcast headquarters is in Philadelphia.

Comcast tweeted to customers that they are working to restore services as quickly as possible, but it is not yet known when service will come back.
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/06/29/comcast-dealing-with-major-outage-nationwide/

New Poster

I agree, it is frustrating been waiting for restoration of my service for over 2hours now.

New Poster

I tried contacting Comcast and all the lines are busy tied up. This is absolutely bonkers!!!

New Poster

I just read a massive outage , in many states. Wonder how long this will take?Can't get through to them on phone.
New Poster

They better have a out of this world excuse this time, this is a multi-million dollar company, there are no real excuses for these kinds of interruptions. Then on top of all this they want to merge with other companies and take over the world to limit competitive cable markets.

Frequent Visitor

Yep been down my cable for last few hours, thought I was only one and also tried the customer service number and can't get thru. But my internet is fine. I'm in Western WV...this is really not cool when can't even get thru to them to see what is going on!.

New Poster

I agree!!! You can't even reach them online because something is wrong with the connections.

New Poster

yes, all excpet major stations. All cable stations are out and their phone line is busy. Must be sustem wide.

New Poster

Service has been down since 12:30 est. I can't even call in...it goes to a recorded message about an outage

New Poster

X1 service went out about 12:30pm.  Our other TV that has basic cable is working fine.  

Expert

For the most current information see: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/SERVICE-INTERRUPTION-6-29-18/m-p/3111403

This thread is locked to keep the conversation in one place. 

I am not an employee.