Community Forum

Service Alert pop up ad on TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Service Alert pop up ad on TV

So EVERY night I get this pop up ad on my TV.  I have my 87 year old dad who is often alone in the living room and doesn’t understand how to dismiss the ad, the default is to go into ‘On Demand’, and besides, I find it very disruptive, and extremely annoying.    I feel I pay for a non-intentional disruptive service.  

I’ve been a 28+ year customer at this same address, and I simply am not moving to X1 for various reasons.  

My question is simple:  Can you make this pop-up stop appearing?    

Alert.jpg
Contributor

Re: Service Alert pop up ad on TV

Add me to the list of customers fed up with this kind of forced advertising. Either mail me something or put a third choice on the popup, such as "NO, DO NOT TELL ME AGAIN!". Or how about get with the program and add a Notifications option to the setup. Such as DISABLE.

Regular Contributor

So, I kinda went straight to the top.  Her instructions were not perfect, I actually found many areas I could block advertising.

This is Jacqueline from the Office of Tom Karinshak. I do apologize for all the inconvenience you have been experiencing with receiving a pop-up ad nightly. I completely understand how frustrating this ad must be while watching a favorite program.

I do want to thank you for providing all the information needed for me to access your account securely. When we want to provide important information about our products and services, we do utilize the type of advertisements that you describe. We do know that not everyone would like to receive this type of advertisements and do have options to stop receiving them.

In order to Opt-Out of Targeted Comcast Advertisement, you will need to sign into My Account. Once signed in please locate Settings tab at the top of the page. Click on Communications & Ad Preferences on the left side of the page. Scroll down to the Advertising Preferences and click on Manage Permissions under the Digital Targeted Advertising section. A new tab will appear and you will need to click the Opt Out button. This change will take up to 72 hours to update in our system.

Mr. Spencer, I am confident that by following the above steps, you will stop the nightly pop up ads. I want to assure you that we are committed to providing you with a superior customer experience. If you should have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to include them in your response as well. Thank you for all of your patience and willingness to allow us to correct this matter. I want to thank you for being a value and long standing customer of Comcast.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline P.

Office of Tom Karinshak

Contributor

She sure sounds confident! Unfortunately (for me), I've been opted out for as long as I can remember. Be nice if someone from Comcast could enter this thread.

Service Alert.jpg

Contributor

... and so it continues. Knock, knock, anyone from Comcast home????

Silver Problem Solver

Press MENU twice to open the main menu. Select "Interactive TV". Select "Notifications". Change "Service Notifications" to OFF.