Community Forum

Series Manager - Feature Request

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Visitor

Series Manager - Feature Request

Feature Request - Series Manager under "Saved" drop down. Currently there is only "Recordings, Scheduled, Purchases".  

Here is the scenario that brings this need up. As someone who has had a Tivo and/or DirecTV over the past 15 years. I am shocked with the fact that this feature doesn't exist on the X1 DVR. It is Jan 1, I have the day off. I am taking the time to make sure all my "shows" for 2017 are set to record. My only option based on the above 3 is to choose "Scheduled". 

When you choose "Scheduled" you only see the individual episodes coming up over the next 2 weeks. So if your show isn't starting until mid Jan...it doesn't even show up.

I would like to see a "Series Manager" drop down that shows what "Series" I have previously selected.

Things people would like to see at a glance...

1. What "day/time" slot those shows are...ie do I have too many shows at the same time?

2. Do I have the series set to record "New Only" or "New/Repeats".

3. Is a series I've selected canceled?

4. Are old episodes available "on Demand" now?

5. Suggestion of new shows based on series I have selected.

Thank you for your consideration.

Another option is "Team/Sport" Manager page as well, similar idea. IE - I could choose Florida Gators. Options "Live Games only" or any Florida Gator Football show..so 30 min things on SEC network might also get recorded.

Official Employee

Re: Series Manager - Feature Request

Hi, 

If you visit Saved/Scheduled, you'll see an option  in the top left corner called "Series Priority." There, you will find all of the series recordings that you've schedueld.

Gwen

New Poster

Unfortunately your series prioity is nothing like the series manager you would get with a Tivo.  All you can do is change the priority which is useless unless you are stressed about recording more than 6 shows at once.

The directions on how to cancel a series using serioies priority on your website are simply wrong and do not work (hitting right arrow to go to cancel)

This is the one thing Tivo just 1000 better than Xfnity (and color coding types of shows).  I really wish with all the money it costs to have X1 you could make it worth the money and have a series manager.

New Poster

I can not believe this does not exist. I just switched from DirecTV to save a few bucks, but it’s day one and this is a deal breaker for me. Time to call and switch back. The inability to manage your series, in one place, is definitely a horrible choice for Comcast.
Expert

Pinfold wrote:
I can not believe this does not exist. I just switched from DirecTV to save a few bucks, but it’s day one and this is a deal breaker for me. Time to call and switch back. The inability to manage your series, in one place, is definitely a horrible choice for Comcast.

the directions are a few posts above yours, not sure why you think you can't modify series or change priority order. If you have an iOS device you can also use the Xfinity TV Remote app to manage the series options and order too.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.