Community Forum

Separate X1 DVR content in two rooms

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Separate X1 DVR content in two rooms

I'm beyond frustrated. Despite having several conversations with the guy in the Comcast store (when I got the X1 box) and techs online, NO ONE can seem to figure out why my new X1 DVR can NOT be separated from the DVR upstairs. I want them unlinked. My wife and I want to keep the DVRs separate. Her dumb shows on one DVR and one for my man cave. Nope. No one can seem to figure out how to do it. They're all stumped. Really, Comcast?? Clearly, I can't be the only guy in America who has this request of unlinking the two DVRS. Comcast has failed me despite all their great tech. Has anyone done this? Please let me know
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Separate X1 DVR content in two rooms

They simply can't be unlinked if they are on the same account (and I'm not sure one residence can have two or more accounts).

It is a whole-home DVR system only.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-anyroom-dvr-overview

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

adding... you can 'mix' DVR systems. the older legacy 2 tuner DVR could be put at one location and the two sets of recordings will be separate completely. Also, using a Tivo in one of the locations would do the same thing.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

No, can’t be done. As Robert stated, it’s a whole home system.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

This is absolutely ridiculous that they can't be seperated. There should at least be seperate folders, like "DVR 1" and "DVR 2" and "See all". I'm really disappointed about this.

Expert

@Bigmillz wrote:

This is absolutely ridiculous that they can't be seperated. There should at least be seperate folders, like "DVR 1" and "DVR 2" and "See all". I'm really disappointed about this.

you can opt to swap one of the DVRs for the legacy 2 tuner DVR and it is same price and will be completely separate in listings.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.