Community Forum

Scrolling through the guide

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Scrolling through the guide

We just noticed that when we used the page up and page down buttons when we are navigating through the guide that now it only skips 2 channels when just yesterday it would scroll through 4 or 5 channels.  We prefer the 4-5 channel option but I do not see a way to adjust this in the on screen settings.  Any ideas?

Thank you!

Expert

Re: Scrolling through the guide

betheballdanny wrote:

We just noticed that when we used the page up and page down buttons when we are navigating through the guide that now it only skips 2 channels when just yesterday it would scroll through 4 or 5 channels.  We prefer the 4-5 channel option but I do not see a way to adjust this in the on screen settings.  Any ideas?

Thank you!

good catch. I don't know if it is a feature (change) or a bug. for the settings 'enhanced readability=on' it scrolls 2 now and for 'off' it scrolls 3. no idea why it no longer scrolls 4 (old setting).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

On mine it scrolls 2 when the pointer is in the middle of the screen, still scrolls 4 when at the top or bottom.

Expert

Fred46 wrote:

On mine it scrolls 2 when the pointer is in the middle of the screen, still scrolls 4 when at the top or bottom.

seems to be related to xre server version 1.79.02 09/20/2017

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I noticed that as well. When I had the guide up and pressed PgDown, the channel that was at the bottom of the list would jump all the way to the top. There are 5 channels showing on the guide.

Now, the channel that is second from the bottom is the one that ends up at the top when PgDown is pressed.

This really bothers me. I have gotten so used to the number of channels that would skip, I knew exactly what channel I would start at and how many times I needed to press the PgDown button to get to all of the other channels I wanted to see.

Now it's all different. This s*cks

New Poster

Agree

hope they're paying attention and revert the menu scrolling back to the full page scroll under the previous software version.