Community Forum

Screensaver

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: Screensaver

I don’t understand why all of a sudden screensavers are now required since this was not necessary for the older tv’s. If this is for an older tv, wouldn’t it follow that it should be an optional feature instead of a mandatory one for those who have the newer tv’s?

Silver Problem Solver

@sacrlc wrote:

Thanks for the info. How does a screensaver prevent burn-in? Back in the ‘“old days”, we prevented screen burn-in by shutting the monitor off. By using a screensaver, wouldn’t that also cause a burn-in?  

As you know, it only applies to those of us who use an older TV with X1.  20+ million X1 users is a pretty large footprint.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info. How does a screensaver prevent burn-in? Back in the ‘“old days”, we prevented screen burn-in by shutting the monitor off. By using a screensaver, wouldn’t that also cause a burn-in?  

Silver Problem Solver

It is to prevent screen burn-in.  If absolutely no signals from the remote are received in 5 hours, the box goes to screensaver mode.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Screensaver

I want to disable the screensaver function on my dvr. Everything I have read so far is that all you can do is select the max of 5 hours in settings.  Is there some way to disable this and what is the purpose of the screensaver?