Community Forum

Screen goes black

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Screen goes black

While watching Xfinity tv online, often when it goes to commercials the screen goes black and seems to lock up. How do you solve this problem? I am very disgusted that I can't watch a complete program !

Regular Visitor

Re: Screen goes black

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to watch Bitten. It gets about half way then when it goes to an ad I get a black screen and it does nothing after that.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issues. I have been unable to watch an episode without the screen going black and freezing, voice still carries on though. I'm using Google Chrome if that makes any difference. Any resolution yet? 

New Poster

I am alos having the same issue and just posted a new comment and I see we are getting no response for Comcast here. I am calling in. I'll post my response here after teh call.

New Poster

same problem for me! very frustrating!

Official Employee

Hi all,

We believe this issue is occurring on multiple SyFy videos.

Besides Bitten, what other videos is this happening on? PLease post links to the videos so we can further investigate.

Thanks,
ComcastJoe

New Poster

Same problem here. Right now I'm unable to watch an episode of Project Runway on Lifetime. I got about halfway through and then after it went to commercials, one of the ads didn't play and it's stuck. If I restart and select resume, it runs a few commercials, some of them take about 30-60 seconds to start by the way, and then it says "Your video will resume shortly" but both the video screen and the static ad box are black (i.e., there is no indication of what ad is supposed to play) and nothing ever happens. Ever. I've left it there for at least half an hour and nothing ever happened. I don't have the patience to watch it over from the beginning to see if it hangs in the same place, but if I restart from the beginning and then click somewhere further along in the show, after a few commercials play, I get the same black screen, waiting for an ad.

Thiis is not the first time this has happened and my patience with Comcast is wearing very thin. Netflix and Itunes are looking more and more appealing.

Regular Visitor

It's happened on every episode of Game of Thrones Season 1 that I've watched. I'm on episode 5. I have not tried to watch anything else because of this.

New Poster

Sound, guide info but picture is black. Trying to watch Olympics
New Poster

For me it always seems to happen when the Lexus commercial is about to start
Frequent Visitor

happening to me now too. after each ad break the show's audio plays but the screen is still black.

I see this has been an issue since 2007? And yet no input or fix from Comcast? 

Frequent Visitor

live TV