Community Forum

Screen freezes every 20 or 30 seconds

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Screen freezes every 20 or 30 seconds

I'm trying to watch "Breaking Bad", but the screen freezes every 20 or 30 seconds.  If I reload and resume, I'm forced to watch 7 or 8 minutes of the same exact commercials which also freeze at the same rate.  For the amount of money I pay you every month, you could at least TRY to improve the lousy service we get from you.  I"m seriously considering dropping you all together if you people don't get your act together.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Screen freezes every 20 or 30 seconds

terryskinner139 wrote:

I'm trying to watch "Breaking Bad", but the screen freezes every 20 or 30 seconds.  If I reload and resume, I'm forced to watch 7 or 8 minutes of the same exact commercials which also freeze at the same rate.  For the amount of money I pay you every month, you could at least TRY to improve the lousy service we get from you.  I"m seriously considering dropping you all together if you people don't get your act together.

I tested the newest episode of Breaking Bad and found no issues.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Exact same problem trying to watch Episode 15!  Freezes multiple times until it completely locks up and cannot get to play again.  FRUSTRATING!!!!!

Regular Contributor

I sympothize, it seems like there has been problem after problem with the streaming since last April. There are a few suggestions I can make:

I don't know what operating system or web browser you're using but when I was having nothing but problems with FireFox I tried Internet Explorer which worked better. So I would suggest you try another browser than what you've been using, try IE, FireFox and Chrome and see if you have better luck with an alternate browser.

If you are using a browser like IE (on Windows XP or Windows 7) or FireFox that uses the Flash plugin rather than the baked in version like IE 10 (on Windows 8) or Chrome follow this url to check that you are using the latest version: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ if you are using anything less than the latest use the link on the page to download and install the most recent version.

Are you using a modem and a separate router? If so what router are you using and have you checked that you have the most current fimware available for it? You could try and plug your computer directly into the modem bypassing the router and see if the problem changes in any way, if it's better maybe theres a a problem with your router.

Recently I was having a number of problems with internet access in general, very slow browsing and video getting stuck. Several times I observed the lights on the RCA modem all blinking like when it does a power on self test and I had to remove power for several minutes to get it working again. So it appeared that the modem was possibly going bad and I took it to the local Comcast store and they replaced it with a Motorolla Surfboard and everything is good now. If you rent your modem from Comcast you can take it to the store and exchange it free of charge, if you bought it then you're stuck and may want to consider buying a different modem.

- Norm