Community Forum

Screen Resolution Settings

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Screen Resolution Settings

I have a HDTV (Vizio E470VA) . Some of my channels are not HD so they understandably have black bars on the left and right. But, all HD content (some channels, TV/movies on demand, etc) has black bars on the top/bottom AND left/right. The zoom setting on the remote only stretches the image horizontally. My TV also has a zoom setting which will make HD content full screen but will then cause non-HD content to have the top and bottom cut off. Apps like Netflix do not have this problem. Is there any way to fix this or will I have to change settings every time I go from HD to non-HD content?

Expert

Re: Screen Resolution Settings

sdonis wrote:

I have a HDTV (Vizio E470VA) . Some of my channels are not HD so they understandably have black bars on the left and right. But, all HD content (some channels, TV/movies on demand, etc) has black bars on the top/bottom AND left/right. The zoom setting on the remote only stretches the image horizontally. My TV also has a zoom setting which will make HD content full screen but will then cause non-HD content to have the top and bottom cut off. Apps like Netflix do not have this problem. Is there any way to fix this or will I have to change settings every time I go from HD to non-HD content?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi sdonis, I can go over rate codes on your account with you, and make sure you are receiving the proper HD rate codes.  Please send me a private message with your account information (Name on account, address on account and account number).

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi sdonis, thank you for working with me via private message and if you decide to add the HD rate code in the future or have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you