Community Forum

SOLUTION: (Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

SOLUTION: (Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

Quoting 'ComcastDan':
"

When you click "Watch" from On Demand, we will default to playing a Cloud DVR recording if one exists.  You can turn this off in Settings (looks like a gear) by turning off "Choose best option to watch".

It sounds like the cDVR recording is corrupt which causing the error. Since this is Starz content, you should have no trouble with deleting the Cloud recording since you can both stream and download Starz content (only via the mobile apps).  Premium networks usually make all their shows available via On Demand.  May be worth confirming first, however.

-ComcastDan"
See the thread here. -> http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Re-Error-102100-5-Loading-of-the-specified-resou...

New Poster

Re: SOLUTION: (Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

I would like to clarify something to prevent any confusion. I was attempting to view live TV, and when I clicked on the gear icon next to the search bar in the upper right corner of the live television channel list to disabling the option, "Choose best option to watch" the problem was solved and I was able to watch live TV.

I know, it seems that there may be other reasons this error is popping up while accessing other services, but if you're trying to watch live TV, give this solution a try please.

New Poster

Re: SOLUTION: (Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

This solution did not work for me.  In my case the DVR file is not corrupt. It just isn't working. None of my recorded shows will play on my laptop, nor will any TV Go channels. Same error every time.