Community Forum

SEC Network

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: SEC Network

I would not say done deal until Comcast or ESPN announce it.  However, as in politics, if you want to stop an exodus of people you start leaking information from "credible" sources.

Regular Contributor

Sports Illustrated is pretty darn credible
New Poster

Sports Business Daily is about to report that it's a done deal, per @Ourand_SBJ.

Regular Contributor

As you said :

Huge. RT @Ourand_SBJ: Sources: SEC Network signs a deal with Comcast, the country's biggest distributor.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Comcast+to+Distribute+SEC+Network+to+Xfinity+TV+Customer...

New Poster
Regular Contributor

Now the next question is....where does it get places in the channel packages?

Frequent Visitor

Now we just have to know which tier to be a part of.

Frequent Visitor

I take back all of the nasty things I said about you Comcast. It is a great day, indeed.

Frequent Visitor

I just called to get it set up. The rep had to check to see if it was official yet. It is.

It will be on the Sports Tier One package (or whatever they call it). She said there would be no additional monthly charge for it. 

........other than what the cost of that package already is. 

Contributor

I need to see an official announcement before I believe anything! Still leaning towards giving Uverse a shot due to the wireless receiver option & the gift card they offered. Once its announce I'll give Comcast a chance to match the offer.

Regular Contributor

Here what I just read - a little more info:

Comcast said SEC Network will be available beginning with its digital starter package in SEC states, including Texas, and on digital preferred and higher in areas outside the 11 states with SEC schools. Since many out-of-market sprots networks are relegated to special sports packages, the wider distribution patterns for SEC Network will provide significantly higher revenue for the conference, its schools and ESPN.

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/07/comcast-picks-up-sec-network/#25038101=0

Frequent Visitor

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/07/18/comcast-signs-on-to-carry-sec-network/128318...

As part of its agreement with ESPN, Comcast will also make SEC Network available on its digital platforms, including the Xfinity TV Go app and website, WatchESPN and SECNetwork.com, with the ability to watch the network live and on-demand any time on any device.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/comcast_reaches_agreement_to_c.html

Expert

Comcast to Carry SEC Network

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=28442

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you Comcast for getting this done.

New Poster

Is Comcast planning to carry the SEC Network. I am a huge SEC fan and with all the other issues I have had with Comcast, I will definitely find another carrier!

Regular Contributor

Please read the last few posts

Regular Contributor

Just saw this as well :

http://www.comcast.com/sec-network.html

Contributor

No they bowed to pressure & people were starting to switch. Directv, Charter & TWC will now get deals done too! Said all along this IS NOT the PAC12! in the south if you don't show our college team we'll drop you like a bad habit then blow up your left over equipment lol!
New Poster

Just saw that you are and I think I won't have to pay add'l fees!! 

Regular Contributor

It's a really good deal for SEC based customers, even for others as well that like watching SEC teams....

As long as our bills are hiked too badly Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Comcast (Xfinity) and the SEC Network have an agreement.  Xfinity has been added to the SEC Network Website.  YAY!!!

Thanks Xfinity!

Frequent Visitor

All those nervous nellies who bolted for other providers ended up spinning their wheels...

Highlighted
Official Employee

@MP_Young wrote:

I need to see an official announcement before I believe anything! Still leaning towards giving Uverse a shot due to the wireless receiver option & the gift card they offered. Once its announce I'll give Comcast a chance to match the offer.

Earlier this afternoon a deal was signed to distribute SEC Network. The majority of our cable systems will begin rolling out SEC Network in August to both SD and HD customers. 

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Additional details will be provided as they become available. Thanks for your patience.

http://www.comcast.com/sec-network.html

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/sec-network-comcast-xfinity

Marking this post as a solution for now so that this information can be found quickly.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Thank You.   Comcast won, DirecTv being shut off as I type.  I had both, and said the first one to carry SEC would stay.  You goit it.

Contributor

I see Comcast took a shot at DirecTV on the page announcing they're carrying SEC Network. You wait to the last minute then act like you'll have it & no ones else will. What a freaking joke! There's strong rumors that the DirecTV announcement is coming Tuesday. Yea Comcast Teds if you read the post you'd know I knew about the announcement. Just make sure your customer service reps know how to understand & process 'I'm canceling my service' if that's what decide to do. Been reading about customers having issues dumping comcast.
Problem Solver

will it be in HD?

Regular Contributor

Rumour has it that it will be
Frequent Visitor

ComcastTeds last post says SD and HD.

Official Employee

@Pharrell wrote:

will it be in HD?

The majority of our cable systems will begin rolling out SEC Network in August to both SD and HD customers. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Bronze Problem Solver

Now that this is settled - and the tone of the postings has dramatically changed -  is it time to close this thread?

New Poster

Deal is done.  Comcast will carry SEC network.  Hopefully it will be in HD in all markets.

New Poster

@434will wrote:

Deal is done.  Comcast will carry SEC network.  Hopefully it will be in HD in all markets.

Thanks for reading prior to posting.

Official Employee
Moved:

started new thread for unrelated billing question

Frequent Visitor

I think I'm on the Digital Preferred Package, but I'm near Olympia, WA.  Do I need to get the Sports Package or should I already get it? (I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, FS1, CBSS, NBCS, NBATV, NHLTV, ROOT, PAC12WA, and GOLF in my current package.  Big Ten Network, Tennis, BeIN, and a few others are extra)

Gold Problem Solver

@ComcastTeds wrote:

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

DHFranz, according to what ComcastTeds said you will be able to get the network because you already have digital preferred.

So no, you won't have to subscribe to the sports package.

New Poster

SEC Network

When will the SEC Network be available and what viewing package will be required?  Thanks.

Expert
Moved:

Post removed to a secure location. Unnecessary comment.

Gold Problem Solver

_mich wrote::

When will the SEC Network be available and what viewing package will be required? Thanks.

ComcastTeds wrote:

As for when presumably on August 14th, the day the network goes on the air.

New Poster

XFINITY is getting the SEC Network in August! More official details about the Comcast/SEC Network agreement.

Official Employee

Closing this thread for now. Message 523 above is marked as the Accepted Solution for the initial question. Thanks! 

Frequent Visitor

sec network

I am glad you got the SEC Network.I will be able to enjoy my SEC football this fall.

New Poster

AT WHAT COST

I am glad we are getting the SEC Network but at what cost to the customer? What will be details be? How much more extra money can Comcast squeeze out of me? Let me see....rental for modem, extra for HD, extra for HD box, extra for sports channels to get only one sport channel you really want to watch. Only one TV can have the HD box tied to it and you get analog channels on the other TV'S in the house which you are charged for Digital. Pay for the second best internet service and my 4G Samsung phone and notepad have faster download and loading. Who else out there is not completely satisfied but stuck with the monopoly?

Regular Visitor

Re: AT WHAT COST

You are so right!!!!

Bronze Problem Solver

All the info on the SEC Nertwork is here - http://www.comcast.com/sec-network?CMP=EMCCOMCOMUI1TH&rid=30254095&mid=EMC_20140730_CAB_SEC_Network_...

But with all your gripes - I gotta ask - why are you still here?

Regular Contributor

I don't understand why they charge so much for the box retentals its a monopoly!

Regular Contributor

@BAMAMAN1972 wrote:

I am glad we are getting the SEC Network but at what cost to the customer? What will be details be? How much more extra money can Comcast squeeze out of me? Let me see....rental for modem, extra for HD, extra for HD box, extra for sports channels to get only one sport channel you really want to watch. Only one TV can have the HD box tied to it and you get analog channels on the other TV'S in the house which you are charged for Digital. Pay for the second best internet service and my 4G Samsung phone and notepad have faster download and loading. Who else out there is not completely satisfied but stuck with the monopoly?

If you have Digital Starter package and are in Alabama(as your screen name implies) there is no extra charge. It's a part of the package. This was the information given here yesterday by ComcastTeds and reinterrated information given on 7/22.

New Poster

I am waiting for Uverse to get in my area or until Direct TV gets better internet service. Thanks for asking! 

New Poster

SEC Football Sports Network Channel

WHat channel will SEC Sports be carried on in zip code 01742 fall of 2014

Silver Problem Solver

Re: SEC Football Sports Network Channel

Comcast's announcements are a bit silly. I got several e-mails (one for each Comcast mail account), plus a cable box message about SEC coming on Aug 14, but NONE list the channel number!

Most Valued Poster

Re: SEC Football Sports Network Channel

My channel guess for Philly/South Jersey area for SEC Network will be ch 856 (Open currently) unless they decide to put in channel range 842 thru 845. We will see soon.