Community Forum

SD on Demand instead of HD

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: SD on Demand instead of HD

JustMelBell wrote:
I am having the same issue, I can usually opt to watch something in SD instead of HD but now it's not giving me that option. I don't have HD so when I try to select it, it reminds me I can't

You seem to be speaking of live TV, have you set your guide to free to me listings? 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

I am having the same issue, I can usually opt to watch something in SD instead of HD but now it's not giving me that option. I don't have HD so when I try to select it, it reminds me I can't
Silver Problem Solver

Justinjs wrote:

Is there anway for me to watch my favorite shows in SD rather than HD since comcast has decided they wanted to take my HD channels away...last night i was trying to catch up on the last episode "Last Ship" since i missed it sunday night but since i no longer get my HD channels i am unable to watch it On Demand because it is in HD...so im getting shafted in more way than one...i think i will be cancelling my cable service with comcast and just use amazon prime or get the fire stick since their service is unreliable and they are money grubbing

I don't know if this applies to you, but there is a Settings for switching to HD.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-settings-index

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Justinjs wrote:

Is there anway for me to watch my favorite shows in SD rather than HD since comcast has decided they wanted to take my HD channels away...last night i was trying to catch up on the last episode "Last Ship" since i missed it sunday night but since i no longer get my HD channels i am unable to watch it On Demand because it is in HD...so im getting shafted in more way than one...i think i will be cancelling my cable service with comcast and just use amazon prime or get the fire stick since their service is unreliable and they are money grubbing

Apologies. There should be an option to watch the On Demand content in SD - after selecting the Watch button, you should be able to Watch in HD or SD - use the right or left arrow to get to the Watch in SD option. 

New Poster

SD on Demand instead of HD