Community Forum

SAVED Favorite People won't delete

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

SAVED Favorite People won't delete

I have somehow created a People entry in saved Favorites and cannot delete it.  SAVED/FAVORITES/People has a single person entry that I cannot delete.  Comcast chat and phone support could not figure out how to delete it.  The entry shows up on the XG1 and satellite box, and can't be deleted from either.  Any ideas?

Expert

Re: SAVED Favorite People won't delete

ThomT wrote:

I have somehow created a People entry in saved Favorites and cannot delete it.  SAVED/FAVORITES/People has a single person entry that I cannot delete.  Comcast chat and phone support could not figure out how to delete it.  The entry shows up on the XG1 and satellite box, and can't be deleted from either.  Any ideas?

press the Xfinity button on the remote and select 'saved' then go to 'favorites' and then scroll down to people. highlight the one you wish to remove and press the D button on the remote.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

ThomT wrote:

press the Xfinity button on the remote and select 'saved' then go to 'favorites' and then scroll down to people. highlight the one you wish to remove and press the D button on the remote.

Tried that many times, with and without direction from Comcast.   Also used Search to find another person that I made a Favorite.  That person would delete.  The original is still there, smiling at me!

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi ThomT, 

Sorry for the experience you're having while trying to delete the saved person. I know you may have tried this already, but for clarity, when clicking on the saved person, if you click on remove favorite, do you get an error message or does it seem as if the person will be removed and it just remains there?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

ComcastChe wrote:

Hi ThomT, 

Sorry for the experience you're having while trying to delete the saved person. I know you may have tried this already, but for clarity, when clicking on the saved person, if you click on remove favorite, do you get an error message or does it seem as if the person will be removed and it just remains there?

1) When I click on the saved person, I get two options: Record and Favorite

2) When I click on Favorite I get Record and Remove Favorite

3) When I click on Remove Favorite, it goes back to same as #1 above.  No error message.  Favorite remains.

Official Employee

Ok! Thanks for clarifying. I tried walking through the steps of removing a favorite on my end and upon clicking on remove favorite, I am able to do so. I'd like to review a few things on my end in order to determine if this is related to poor signal levels. In order to assist you, can you please verify the following in a private message? 

Your first and last name, the street address and phone number associated with your account? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Regular Contributor

ComcastChe wrote:

Ok! Thanks for clarifying. I tried walking through the steps of removing a favorite on my end and upon clicking on remove favorite, I am able to do so. I'd like to review a few things on my end in order to determine if this is related to poor signal levels. In order to assist you, can you please verify the following in a private message? 

Your first and last name, the street address and phone number associated with your account? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

When I click on your name, I get to see your badges.  When I hover over your name, I have the option to send a message.  When I click on Send Message, it takes me to a page where I cannot enter any information.

Official Employee

I'm going to try and initiate a private message to you, let's see if you can message me that way. 

Frequent Visitor

I just sent a PM to you!!!