Community Forum

Rewind and FF erratic for live TV.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Rewind and FF erratic for live TV.

Many time when I try to rewind, and then fast forward live TV the DVR jumps, and very often directly to live TV or beyond??

This happemed yesturday, I was watching TV and got an important phone call. About an hour later when I finished I returned to the TV and tried to rewind one hour back to continue where I left off.

At the time is was 9:30, I hit the rewind button 5 times to get to the lighting bold, but noticed that the timeline started at 10:30 and was slowly moving back. This was not the firts time I hit stop which took me directly to live TV. Then I did rewind again and this time it did work and I could go back to the desired hour back. But that is not the end of it.

Then at some point I want to do a wuick replay so I use the skip back button, but instead of skipping back it jumps forward 10 minutes. OK i rewind again, then skip back works a couple times and then again jumps forward even further.

This happens all the time, usually not backwards, but forwards and it jumps randomply regardless of what button I push rewind, or ff quick back or the channel up/donw for jump forward or back.

I noticed the same issue occurs with everyone with X1 such as friends and family.

This only happens with live TV and recording seem to fine, at least for now.

Is there any known fix for this problem as I use it all the time and it is exremely anoying.