Community Forum

Removing a Registered Device

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Removing a Registered Device

JS71616 wrote:
Im having the same issue.

In the Stream app or website, visit the Setttings section (looks like a gear icon).  In there you will find "Manage Devices".  You can remove downloads from your other devices from there (and see which devices are currently streaming). 

-ComcastDan

New Poster

Im having the same issue.
New Poster

Thank you!!!
New Poster

Thank you for the link. This was extremely helpful!!

New Poster

I have an Xfinity modem/router with the name Technicolor on it which identifies
eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:01.E6.01.22.16
I can't delete disconnected devices. Is there a way to update the software to a version that will allow me to do that?

Contributor

The information on devices.comcast.net/devices only works if you have the device.  I no longer have access to the device.  Have spent over an hour on the phone with Comcast tech support including having someone call me back, and no one knows there either.

Gold Problem Solver

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Removing a Registered Device

I just received my new iPhone and attempted to download a tv show using the xFinity to Go app.  I'm not able to though because it says I already have 3 devices registered.  The message says:

To remove a different device, go to Manage Devices on the device you wish to remove, then delete it from the list.

The problem I have is that the device I want to remove, my old iPhone, I no longer have.  I traded it in for my new phone.  So, how can I remove the old device if I no longer have it so I can download?