Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Remove CNN from my Cable Bundle

New Poster

Remove CNN from my Cable Bundle

I do not want CNN in my cable bundle.  Can Comcast remove CNN and make it optional for those of us who do not want to receive it ???   Thanks, Phil

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Remove CNN from my Cable Bundle

You cannot remove individual channels other than the premiums (HBO, etc...) If you don't want to watch it for personal reasons, just set a lock code on it. You would need to enter a PIN to watch it.

New Poster

Why not? How difficult would it be to base the bill on the channels we actually want to have? In the case of CNN, the reason is political though. I cannot stand those people. I'm American.
Official Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately this channel cannot be removed, and channels are not a la carte other than Premium channels.  

Expert

nadia16 wrote:

I do not want CNN in my cable bundle.  Can Comcast remove CNN and make it optional for those of us who do not want to receive it ???   Thanks, Phil

I just use the Favorites option with my X1 system to remove the hundreds of Spanish channels and others.

Contributor

You can get rid of CNN, but it will require you cancel your entire cable service.
From there I imagine you could get a digital antenna and watch the local channels.
Hope that helps! 

Official Employee

Hello Zapix, you're correct only premium channels like HBO, Starz, etc. can be added or removed a la carte. But we don't want you to cancel your service because of it, we do listen to our customer’s feedback so please click on this link and share this with our management team. 

New Poster

I am considering cancelling my service with Comcast if I cannot remove CNN. I am very much disappointed in the direction CNN has gone in attacking a Reddit user. There are other channels I would also like to remove...but let's get CNN gone first!

Expert

jclongstreth wrote:

I am considering cancelling my service with Comcast if I cannot remove CNN. I am very much disappointed in the direction CNN has gone in attacking a Reddit user. There are other channels I would also like to remove...but let's get CNN gone first!

I don't understand.  All you have to do is not watch it.  If you have a "favorites" option with your STB you can use it.

Expert

jclongstreth wrote:

Comcast has contractural obligations to carry CNN, so it's doubtful they will be getting rid of it any time soon and you can't remove a channel from your line up/bundle a la cart.

If CNN is attacking a Reddit user and you can supply proof of same, contact the FCC about it.

New Poster

I don't want to simply not watch CNN, I want them to know that I'm not watching. I also want MSNBC and ABC gone. If I have to cancel my TV service to make my point I am ok with that. I will keep my internet service which I am pleased with since I am not protesting Comcast. I am just sick of the liberal media.
Expert

Prtndr31 wrote:
I don't want to simply not watch CNN, I want them to know that I'm not watching. I also want MSNBC and ABC gone. If I have to cancel my TV service to make my point I am ok with that. I will keep my internet service which I am pleased with since I am not protesting Comcast. I am just sick of the liberal media.

The Nielson Ratings tell them how many people are viewing a channel.

Expert

Prtndr31 wrote:

Comcast owns MSNBC.  You might want to consider another internet provider if you don't like "liberal media" because Comcast doesn't discriminate based on sexual orientation, gender identification, race, religious beliefs, ethnicity, or country of origin.

As far as ABC goes, Disney is pretty much in the same category as Comcast; Mickey doesn't discriminate, either.

Bottom line is that you can't remove individual channels just because you don't agree with their "politics" or point of view.  Only the premium channels can be removed.

New Poster

I'm sorry but you sound like a lunatic and anyone who agrees because they say they are an American has no clue what being American is. I don't care for CNN, or FOX either for that matter. Nor do I care for the 100+ channels I don't use. But in REAL American there are rights people have and that's the rights to choose and you can choose simply not to watch it.
New Poster

I don't want to pay for them anymore and by just not watching they still get paid and hence they will not go away
Frequent Visitor

No provider, Comcast, DirecTV, Dish, any of the OTT (Internet Providers) can or will just remove 1 channel.  It's just not the way it goes.  I would love to just pick what channels I can get and just pay for those channels.  That will NEVER happen, and if it does happen it won't anytime soon.  Even look at sling who calls themselves Ala Carte TV.  Everything is still in a package bundle.  There are many reasons for that, and I'm not here to debate wether they should or shouldn't.  The fact is you can't, and really you are being very immature about it, you don't like it don't watch it, that will affect their Neilson raitings if no one watches it.  I don't thing I've watched CNN in over 4 years, I see it in the lineup and I go right past it.

Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filter]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.